Honored Contributor

"State of Affairs" best show on network TV right now, IMO.

Premise a little shaky, but writing, acting make up for it. KH is doing beautiful job. I always knew she had it in her from one scene she did in Gray's Anatomy years ago when she sat in the bank trying to decide what to do with the millions left to her by her dead boyfriend, was it Denny? She got a best supporting actress Emmy, I think based on that one scene. After that, I have always agreed with her, Gray's never gave her a credible story line after that.

It will be unfortunate if the show is not recognized just based upon the many who do not like her personally.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: "State of Affairs" best show on network TV right now, IMO.

I wish I could watch/like that show. I trust many of you when you say shows are good/most of the time I agree.

I just can't get past Tea Leoni (I don't care for her). But I also feel like she's supposed to be a young(er) version of Hillary Clinton (who I don't care for).

Usually I can get around my 'issues'. I'm hoping I will be able to do that because like I said, I think you guys have excellent taste in TV shows.

Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 annabellethecat said:

I wish I could watch/like that show. I trust many of you when you say shows are good/most of the time I agree.

I just can't get past Tea Leoni (I don't care for her). But I also feel like she's supposed to be a young(er) version of Hillary Clinton (who I don't care for).

Usually I can get around my 'issues'. I'm hoping I will be able to do that because like I said, I think you guys have excellent taste in TV shows.

You are thinking of a different show. Katherine Heigl stars in State of Affairs on NBC. Tea Leoni stars in Madam Secretary on CBS. I don't watch that one either. State of Affairs is far superior to that show.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Of course, you're right. I do like Katherine Heigl. I was listening to Entertainment Weekly XM radio and they did a repeat of an interview of her when her show was going to come on.

i normally won't listen to something twice but she is so well spoken and I enjoyed her the first time so I listened again. She commented that (of course) she realizes an advisor to the President wouldn't have such close ties to him/her (the President). She said they worked and reworked on what she would be in connection to the President.

By the time they finished working and reworking the show, she said what we are watching is entirely different from the original show they'd started with (the idea of the show). She also said it was supposed to be a male in her part and (of course) they had to make her part be female so she could be that connected to the President.

I like little 'inside' stories like that. That's why I listen to shows on the radio like Entertainment Weekly.

Thanks for setting me straight. I think I'll go back and see the one's I missed.

Respected Contributor

Y&R Det. Harding appears in this program...

State of Affairs - Can Charlie Trust This Man? (Episode Highlight) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqm_S7FF_xQ

Esteemed Contributor

I like this show too and I think it's much better than Madam Secretary. LM

Honored Contributor

I never watched Grey's Anatomy, it conflicted with something and I am not a Tivoer All I heard was KH is "difficult" but I think she is marvelous in this role. Kudos to the writers and the entire cast. Madam Secretary promos are terrible, this smarta**. attitude doesn't convince me to watch.

Respected Contributor

%On 12/31/2014 annabellethecat said:

There are many times I really like her and her crew I could never watch West wing even though I liked many of the actors I liked. I just wish sometimes that even though there will always be bias, there was a time when the country needed its people we all came together...

I like the Lord creation, and sadly its gotten so bad it always seem each day we awake it is us against them I am so tired and weary I want to yell give it arrest...

I don't see what they see, we are all individuals and there is good in 99% of us.

Anyway I would like to know when SOA started of I could watch from the beginning...