Honored Contributor

last night 5-2-what happened on Designated Survivor/

We had a bad storm.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

Re: last night 5-2-what happened on Designated Survivor/

Same ole same ole. I fast forward through it. I think I’m done recording it. Once they brought on Michael J Fox I pretty much quit watching it. I find he is to difficult to watch. All I saw was some ambassador made a deal with Kirkman about the release of a student held prisoner in his country then he falls over with a heart attack a short while later. I guess they think he may have been poisoned. Hanna is still on the trail of that woman she thinks is after the prez. Even though she has been fired. Like I said, I’ve pretty much lost interest in the show. In fact, I cancelled all future recordings. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't watched last episode on DVR yet but I tend  to think Hannah is on to something about Andrea Frost. She's not usually wrong.

I have no problem with M.J. Fox but I LOATHTE that jerk he is playing! They need to wrap up that story line ASAP.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all. BTW: I am embarassed to watch Michael J. Fox.

Valued Contributor

I thought last night's episode was very good.  I was very surprised with the outcome.  I do feel bad for MJF and to watch him struggle is not pleasant, but maybe his family needs the money so he is back to acting.  I really don't care for the character he is playing.  

Honored Contributor

According to Google his( MJF) net worth is 65 million.

Respected Contributor

Someone told me, and I have no idea if it's true, that in order to keep your SAG benefits you need to work a certain number of hours per year.  Could be why we see him pop up here and there as a guest star.  

Regular Contributor

I was going to give more info on Designated Survivor which turned out to be a good episode and had a few surprises but SOME of the comments about Michael J. Fox just were so awful.........The man has had Parkinson's for many many years  and started with I imagine others the Michael J. Fox Foundation and Hosptial in NYC.A friend of mine recently had the most recent procedure there and has had excellent results. Unfortunately, surgery that Michael had in earlier years precludes him from having the more current treatment - but I am sure he is getting the best care available - as for those who are embarrassed to watch him, what is wrong with you? Hope this and other chronic life changing diseases never befall you or yours. The character he is playing just shows what a great actor he is. And he is married to Sarah Jessica Parker and they have 4 children together.

Go be embarrassed you ever said anything......my reply is meant for the two posters who could not watch him....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bakergirl wrote:

I was going to give more info on Designated Survivor which turned out to be a good episode and had a few surprises but SOME of the comments about Michael J. Fox just were so awful.........The man has had Parkinson's for many many years  and started with I imagine others the Michael J. Fox Foundation and Hosptial in NYC.A friend of mine recently had the most recent procedure there and has had excellent results. Unfortunately, surgery that Michael had in earlier years precludes him from having the more current treatment - but I am sure he is getting the best care available - as for those who are embarrassed to watch him, what is wrong with you? Hope this and other chronic life changing diseases never befall you or yours. The character he is playing just shows what a great actor he is. And he is married to Sarah Jessica Parker and they have 4 children together.

Go be embarrassed you ever said anything......my reply is meant for the two posters who could not watch him....

If one of the posters you are referring to is me, I am not embarrassed by what I said and I stand by it.  

MJF is not married to Sarah Jessica Parker.  She is married to Matthew Brodderick and they have twin girls.  MJF is married to Tracey Pollan.  

Honored Contributor

I think I didn't write what I felt very well. I am embarrassed for him. He does not look like he is doing well.