Trusted Contributor

kathie Lee on Today's Talk with Hoda

[ Edited ]

I am surprised that Kathie Lee came back to work so soon full time after her husband's death.....I think she took a week off at most. She must not have been real close, or perhaps  she had prepaired herself for his death so when it happened she did not need to grieve much.  I find it odd. I know she does  not need the money....perhaps she is a fame hog and needs the limelight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: kathie Lee on Today's Talk with Hoda

Keeping busy is so helpful in dealing with grief. I am sure it is better for her to keep busy and work than to sit at home alone crying. 

Trusted Contributor

Or maybe she found that going back to work kept her mind off of things and kept her from just sitting around super depressed. I do not think there is any particular amount of time that one must sit around crying. I am sure she does that, too.

Super Contributor

@june22 wrote:

I am surprised that Kathie Lee came back to work so soon full time after her husband's death.....I think she took a week off at most. Her must not have been real close, or she had prepaired herself for his death so when it happened she did not need to grieve much.  I find it odd. I know she does  not need the money....perhaps she is a fame hog and needs the limelight.

Very RUDE post from the OP, Unless she knows Kathie Lee personally, she has no idea how she really feels.

Trusted Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@june22 wrote:

I am surprised that Kathie Lee came back to work so soon full time after her husband's death.....I think she took a week off at most. Her must not have been real close, or she had prepaired herself for his death so when it happened she did not need to grieve much.  I find it odd. I know she does  not need the money....perhaps she is a fame hog and needs the limelight.

Very RUDE post from the OP, Unless she knows Kathie Lee personally, she has no idea how she really feels.

I think it is an observation. Not rude. Most people married so long would not return to work, joking and acting like nothing happened a week later.  Seems like a few months off would be the norm, 

Esteemed Contributor

People grieve in different ways.  I admire Kathie Lee for how she has handled this.  I never was much of a fan of hers before, but I am now. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I'm very sorry but saying she is a "fame hog who needs the lime light" is very rude. I agree with colliegirls. It's better to get back to work instead of sitting alone in a big house by yourself.

Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@june22 wrote:

I think it is an observation. Not rude. Most people married so long would not return to work, joking and acting like nothing happened a week later.  Seems like a few months off would be the norm, 

Saying you noticed she came back to work after a week is an observation. Saying they may not have been very close or that she must be a fame hog is not an observation. It's conjecture pure and simple. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

A few months? My company gives us three days.
Honored Contributor

I totally agree with the fact we all grieve in our own way.  My mother's family were what I call heavy grievers.  Lots of uncontrollable sobbing, walking the floor all night, long funeral services, and the need to be surrounded by people for weeks afterwards.  My dads family came together, grieved, accepted, and moved on with living their lives.   I made up my mind to take after my dads family.  Two of my best friends, both over 55, are heavy grievers.  One cried every single day for a year and a half after losing her dad.  The other has gone to her loved ones gravesite every day for five years!   To this day, neither friend has found peace with their losses, and that saddens me.  I think if I married someone 20+ years older than me, I would realize the likelihood of them dying before me, and have my mind wrapped about dealing with that reality before it happened.  I firmly believe Kathie Lee knows how blessed she was to have Frank in her life as long as she did, and is thankful he was able to see his younger children reach their 20's.  I do believe she lives her faith, and therefore is very peaceful with her decisions to move forward with living her life.  I find it much easier to be the supportive friend to someone like Kathie Lee, than my two friends who prefer to hang onto their grief for years.