Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars FINALE 5/23/16 with spoilers

@twinsister wrote:

I wasn't that impressed with Ginger's freestyle and think Wanye belonged in the finals instead.

Paige was good, but Nyles deserves to win - IMO.  Paige has prior dance experience, but Nyles, has had no prior dance experience, plus the deaf factor.  His freestyle was amazing.

I thought Wanye, not Ginger would be in the finals.

Nyle and Peta were amazing dancing his freestyle.

@muttmom

Ben Aaron (Ginger Zee's husband) is beyond odd.  How many times has he revisited his Bar Mitzvah? I've always thought they were a strange match.

Honored Contributor

Well it should be an interesting finale. I am looking forward to seeing all of the other contestants that were voted off earlier! I hope that Paige wins and Nyle comes in 2nd, but you never know. I am one of the ones that thinks Ginger should not have been in the finals, but Wanye instead..I feel like all season Ginger was hyped up......

Honored Contributor

@ candlequeen

I agree with you!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@narcisse wrote:

I suspect the "serious Ginger injury" was played up to get her votes.  Playing on the sympathies of the public - Hey, I'm fighting thru pain in order to dance for you!. 

There's no way she had a bad back the way she was jumping around after the dance!

Valued Contributor

I can't put my finger on it but there's just something odd or off about Ginger.  I really haven't paid too much attention to her husband besides noticing him in the audience each week. So I can't speak for the creepy factor.   Didn't think Ginger's "do over" dance looked any better than the 1st time she did it. Wasn't crazy about her freestyle either.  I don't think she should be in the finals either. 

Wanye should be there.  He was a much better dancer than Ginger. At least in my humble opinion.

I think what makes Paige look so good is that she knows how to use her arms and hands. Plus, her toes are always pointed as they should be.

Can't help it though, all my votes went to Nyle and Peta.  Watched when he won America's Next Top Model. He seems like a genuinely nice guy plus he's worked his butt off to improve each and every week.  Don't remember any whining, complaining or feigning injury to get sympathy votes.

Honored Contributor

My prediction is Nyle in first place, Paige second, Ginger in thrid.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@narcisse wrote:

I suspect the "serious Ginger injury" was played up to get her votes.  Playing on the sympathies of the public - Hey, I'm fighting thru pain in order to dance for you!. 

There's no way she had a bad back the way she was jumping around after the dance!

The bends she did in the first dance too - no one in pain could do that. IMO it was all designed to get her votes. Did you notice how Tom mentioned her "injury" both times she danced? Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I wasn't that impressed with Ginger's freestyle and think Wanye belonged in the finals instead.

Paige was good, but Nyles deserves to win - IMO.  Paige has prior dance experience, but Nyles, has had no prior dance experience, plus the deaf factor.  His freestyle was amazing.

I agree Nyle should win. I thought that Paige had a natural ability to dance, then found out she had a dance background. This show use to be about taking someone who never danced before, and by the end of the season turned them into a dancer. Now it seems everyone has had some dancing experience.

Honored Contributor

Yes, remember Jennifer Gray was a contestant and went on to win with Derek. Talk about having dance experience, she learned from Patrick Swayze for gosh sakes.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Yes, remember Jennifer Gray was a contestant and went on to win with Derek. Talk about having dance experience, she learned from Patrick Swayze for gosh sakes.

Shelbelle, Jennifer Grey actually had some dance experience before doing Dirty Dancing.  Her father, Joel Grey did the dance movie "Cabaret."  So, they say dancing is in her genes.  She did a fantastic job in Dirty Dancing and on Dancing with the Stars.  Have not heard much of her since being on that show.