Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars FINALE 5/23/16 with spoilers

I actually thought Paige won the night.  I thought her last dance was beautiful and I'm not a real fan of contemporary dance but I liked her over Nyle's attempt at it.  

I honestly was not a real fan of any of the final dances and Ginger flat out didn't deserve to be in the finale (yes that's a shout out to Wanye who was robbed)

I agree with feeling very manipulated this season by ABC.  I'm almost sorry I came back to watch this season and missed the last one.  If they are going to permit their employees to participate, then they need to not devote an entire morning show to his/her promotion.  It's not good form, dancing or otherwise.    

Respected Contributor

The judges overscored Ginger's free style, therefore they had no choice but to give Paige's and Nyle's free style the same perfect scores.  IMO Nyle's free style deserved 30, but not Paige's.

I must laugh at the comments about Ginger's husband.  Those of us in the NYC viewing area get to see him on a local noon talk show on channel 4.  He must know someone in the business otherwise I cannot imagine how he became a TV personality.

Peta has done an amazing job this season.

Respected Contributor

I'm rooting for either Paige or Nyles.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I actually thought Paige won the night.  I thought her last dance was beautiful and I'm not a real fan of contemporary dance but I liked her over Nyle's attempt at it.  

I honestly was not a real fan of any of the final dances and Ginger flat out didn't deserve to be in the finale (yes that's a shout out to Wanye who was robbed)

I agree with feeling very manipulated this season by ABC.  I'm almost sorry I came back to watch this season and missed the last one.  If they are going to permit their employees to participate, then they need to not devote an entire morning show to his/her promotion.  It's not good form, dancing or otherwise.    

And that's exactly what they've been doing!  No longer can I rely on GMA for news.....unless it's about DWTS....and even more so, when they send their beloved LS on location!!!!!!  

Respected Contributor

I've always felt the "fix" was in for Ginger from the day they announced who was going to participate.....Nile should win.....he's overcome so much to be able to do this and his freestyle was beautful.

Honored Contributor

I don't get this conversation about ABC.  They've been using their employees since season one, when an ABC soap actress became the first winner of DWTS.

ABC employees are barred from participating in contests from ABC and its parent companies but this does not apply to competitions. It's smart for ABC to use this show to promote other ABC shows.  

Last night CBS stole a page from their playbook by having the first of three prime time specials of "The Price is Right" featuring favorites from three CBS reality competition shows, Survivor and Big Brother and The Amazing Race.  I'm looking forward to seeing the adjusted ratings when they're released..  

If the ratings are decent, the show is so cheap to produce we'll be seeing more and more of this stuff.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel that all dances were good last night.  In my opinion though, Paige deserves to win.  I love and respect Nyle and am totally amazed at what he can do.  Overall though of the 3 finalists, Paige was right on with her steps in recent dances (except for Len stating not enough hip movement in the salsa).

I will be happy if either Paige or Nyle win.  It is hard not to get emotional over Nyle and what he has done, but I don't want to judge based on emotions.

One thing not mentioned on these boards is that I find it strange that Derek Hough's name has not even been mentioned in any context throughout the season (including the day the stars for the season were announced).  This morning on GMA, they interviewed Max Chmerkovsy and Bindi Irwin about finals and said nothing about her partner Derek who is also reigning champion.

Please, if you never cared for Derek, do not be upset by what I am saying here about him.  I just love him and miss him on the show.  I realize he is doing "Singing in the Rain" on Broadway, and this may be why he cannot even appear in the finale like he did in other finals as the reigning champion.  It just feels strange that there has never been mention if he (and Julianne Hough) for that matter, will ever be seen again on the show.

I am not on social media, so do not know if there is anything about him out there.

Finally, I am looking forward to the finals tonight.  Good luck to all of our favorites.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So if they can put a deaf person on a dancing show, they should be able to put people in wheelchairs in game shows and other shows.

Why don't they let people with artificial limbs compete on like The Price Is Right?  My guess is everyone has to sign something where they won't sue anyway, they should be able to win money too!

There are people who aren't 'perfect' in their appearance for one reason or another.  So what!  They should be able to be on game shows and stuff.

This show has had several people who have challenges in their life.  They've held their own against everyone.  That should show producers of other shows they are capable of doing anything!

I have a prosthetic leg.  The thought never crossed my mind I could not be on the Price is Right.  Do you know this for a fact?

Honored Contributor

I watch Price is Right almost every day.  They have definitely had disabled people on their shows, as well as people of every size, shape, color, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't that impressed with Ginger's freestyle and think Wanye belonged in the finals instead.

Paige was good, but Nyles deserves to win - IMO.  Paige has prior dance experience, but Nyles, has had no prior dance experience, plus the deaf factor.  His freestyle was amazing.