Honored Contributor

I honestly don't know who is being discussed here but just wanted to point out that whoever she is... she isn't "America's" choice... She's the choice of a finite subgroup of viewers who watch this show, get caught up in it and bother to register an opinion... 

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@willomenia

Your title is pretty vague ....  what is "agt" supposed to mean?

Valued Contributor

Suppose you are in Vegas and want to take in a show. One choice is Sal Valentiniti who is a real showman the other is a precocious child struming on a ukelale uttering unintelligible sounds. Which would you pick?

Howie Mandel has graced us with another of his freak acts; remember the stuttering fool two years ago.

When is AGT going to wise up and replace this no talent buffoon?

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Listening to her one or 2 times was good for me . I was not suprised that she won as she had a lot of fans in the total audience and all of the judges. Someone will probably throw tomatoes at me but after listening to so many of her perfomances I started recalling Tiny Tim (geezers will recall) Smiley Happy--maybe it is the ukelele . There was a lot of talent this year. In a season of mostly repeats in the evenings of summer I find AGT refreshing and something to look forward to.

Oh by the way, the clairvoyants knew they would not win.

I just hoped 'tape boy' would not win. He was funny but I could not imagine an act in Vegas going far.

@okaywitheasypay, Tiny Tim came to my mind every time I heard her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@willomenia

@Tinkrbl44, I'm not willomenia, but it's the TV show America's Got Talent.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@willomenia

@Tinkrbl44, I'm not willomenia, but it's the TV show America's Got Talent.

@Wsmom    @willomenia

Thank you .... not everyone here is psychic and it's really not that difficult to type the whole name of a show you wish to discuss!   

Honored Contributor

I think she definitely has talent and her voice is unusual which makes her stand out, but I really did not feel she should have won, nor did I think she was ready for this.  I feel she needs to get more experience, both in years and to hone her craft.  I think, yes, she definitely struck a chord with the younger kids who probably loved her and that is fine.  And she needs to make her words more clear.  

However, some of the talent was just off the chart and I feel that the other 2 contestants that were in the final 3 were definitely not the best choices either.

Victor (think I got the right name) -- he was just awesome.  The other young lady -- who twists her body into impossible shapes and was so graceful - she was so good.

And, of course, as far as singing ---- we had 3 --- top notch contestants -

Brian, Sal and the young opera singer.  These 3 were so amazing.  Any of the people that I mentioned would have been worthy of winning.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

lainey1...Arthur Godfrey, I found someone else who remembers him.  I listened to his radio broadcast every Monday through Friday mornings during the 50's, loved him.

I stand behind you one hundred percent regarding how America got it wrong voting for Grace to win.  I think I was able to pick up one or two words while she sang and strummed her ukulele the same way for each song.  I wanted to yell out "wait, you can't send him home" when Nick called Brian's name as one of the people not going through. 

Sal was great too and I thought it would end with he and Brian as the last two standing.  I am hoping both of them were picked up and offered recording contracts.  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a ticket to see either one of them.  I wouldn't go to see  Grace even if someone gave me a free ticket, she doesn't appeal to me at this stage of her career, as you said, maybe in about 10 years.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam