Respected Contributor

Re: Your favorite episode ever....Andy Griffith show

You guys here are so good, knowing the titles to some of these episodes. The one for me that I think  was so funny is when Barney and Floyd go fishing and some women escaped from prison. They hold up Barney and Floyd in a shack and the one keeps running her fingers through Barney's hair& she's all over him. I laugh every time I think of that one. 

Valued Contributor

This is one of my all time favorite shows. Love the haunted house one, mr mcbeevy, the one with istvan teleky, and the one where Andy is mad cuz Opie won't give much to charity and then found out Opie wanted to buy his little girlfriend a coat cuz her mom couldn't afford to buy her one.

Ernest T Bass and his gozintas.  2 gozinta 4, 4 gozinta to 8

cookin

Honored Contributor

The Pickle Episode.  Their faces were so funny!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

cookinfreak wrote:

This is one of my all time favorite shows. Love the haunted house one, mr mcbeevy, the one with istvan teleky, and the one where Andy is mad cuz Opie won't give much to charity and then found out Opie wanted to buy his little girlfriend a coat cuz her mom couldn't afford to buy her one.

Ernest T Bass and his gozintas.  2 gozinta 4, 4 gozinta to 8

cookin

Ohhh!  I love that (bolded by me).   I would love to see that one again.

I can't believe how much everybody (else) remembers.  My memory has gotten so bad that I can see the same thing two or three times and each time I forget what happened.  D'oh!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I.  the one where Opie thought he got all A's and Andy bought him the bike....

2. Opie and the bird..

3.When Aunt Bea buys all the meat from a new Butcher and the freezer quits working....

4.When Barney buys a car from "Mrs Lesh"....

5.When they fix Gomer up with Thelma Lou's cousin for a dance and he gets up and leaves (to get a corsage)

Valued Contributor

Just remembered another one I love.  Charlene Darlin does the divorce "proceedins" and then wants to marry Andy.  Barney has to dress in black and ride a white horse east to west at midnight before the marriage. According to mountain legend, that would bring bad luck to the couple

cookin

Respected Contributor

My all time favorite is the episode toward the start of the series ( when they still had southern accents) about the feuding families and the two 'youngsters' from each family want to marry.  aka Romeo and Juliet meets the Hatfields  & McCoys.

Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

The Christmas episode where the grouchy old man wants to celebrate with them, and gets himself arrested so they have to put him in jail . .  but wait!  He has gifts for all the children!.

That's mine too!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

God, what a great show! I wish they would make shows like this nowadays.

I was just remarking to my husband about Jim Nabors - he wasn't even an actor when they put him on the show! He was a singer.....I don't think he'd had any acting lessons. Some people are just so "natural," they don't need lessons!

Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, another one I like is where Aunt Bea starts talking about how they should invite their relatives over --- they come and basically drive them all crazy! LOL

Re:  Ernest T. Bass. He decides he wants an "education" and sits in on some of Helen Crump's classes. She calls him to the blackboard but he misbehaves, and she ends up smacking his hand with a ruler.

Then he says, "I love you........." OMG! LOL