Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite episode ever....Andy Griffith show

So many good story lines...

How about when Barney thought he was a great singer until Gomer Pyle sang  .

or

When Andy thought about selling the house??man asked about water spots..and Andy said it was fixed....Oprie kept telling Andy it wasn't and each time Andy..would try to correct him to cover up...finally..Opie..said...paw you always said to tell the truth! Finally Andy told the man yes, things were wrong with the house.

Or 

when Aunt Bee came to live with them and Opie didn't want her there.

So she packed her bags and was getting ready to leave...and Opie...said

Paw..aunt Bee can't leave.!!!.She doesn't know how to play ball,etc..and who will teach her???She hugged him and stayed.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I could watch Andy Griffith episodes everyday (oh wait....I do!!) But there are several that are my tried and true favorites....Aunt Bee and the Bed Jacket....Mr. Macbeevey....Opie the Bird man....they all spoke of simple, honest values and kindness to your fellow man. Life seemed so much simpler back then. It truly is a classic show....timeless....never goes out of style. Great thread!!!

Honored Contributor

@glorydays wrote:

Citizens Arrest   Citizens Arrest ..

That's so funny, we still laugh and say that

Honored Contributor

I liked any one where he fumbled around with his one bullet to get it in his gun as quickly as he could. Or when he tried so hard to act like a "big man" and Andy just played along with Barney. Those two!!! I'm so glad we got to enjoy them.

Respected Contributor

Can't pick just one........also, I only really like the shows with Don Knotts......

1. The loaded goat

2. Otis gets wheels

3. The fun girls

4. Barney buys a car

These have to be my top four........still laugh when I watch this show!!

Honored Contributor

Barney singing in the choir!!! That's it, they kept moving him away from the microphone!!! LOL I laugh to just think of it.

Honored Contributor

Strange, ME TV airs this every night, but they never show any of the later ones in color, once all the black and whites are aired, they revert back to the first show, some of the color episodes from 1965 to 68 are quite good. I enjoy seeing Opie turn into a teenager.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this show and recently got the complete series set at Costco.    I have a few favorites....

1:  When Peggy cooks for Andy and Opie when AuntBea goes outof  town and Floyd thinks she wants to get married. I though Peggy was the best girlfriend for Andy.

2: when  dinner waitress Flora has a crush on Andy  and throws that crumbled plate of pie in front of Helen. Goober likes Flora.

3:Count Istvan Teleky episode  where Barney buys the lamp and  Opie gets 3 wishes.

4: Aunt Bea buys a Chinese Restaurant.

5:   EVERY other episode of the show...lol.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Strange, ME TV airs this every night, but they never show any of the later ones in color, once all the black and whites are aired, they revert back to the first show, some of the color episodes from 1965 to 68 are quite good. I enjoy seeing Opie turn into a teenager.

@ShelbelleTV Land is currently airing those later color episodes every morning. Today they showed episodes with Warren as the deputy and when Aunt Bee got a job with counterfeiters. 

Respected Contributor

The Christmas episode where the grouchy old man wants to celebrate with them, and gets himself arrested so they have to put him in jail . .  but wait!  He has gifts for all the children!.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York