Contributor

Thanks for the welcome , this shoe desires and demands all of the talk and fourm.

They should have a talkin pope after eash Ep.

Contributor

Don't worry the producers have promised a season 2 can't wait!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/young-pope-producers-confirm-second-940019

Respected Contributor

I read this in an article and it fully encapsulates my feelings:

Re: Jude Law ...

"His performance crystallizes his greatest strengths as an actor—his leonine physicality, his ability to deliver lines with equal parts charm and venom, and the ways he’s weaponized his good looks."

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Ok ... that scene in the hospital with the baby was hysterical. 

Jude Law amazes me every episode. 

So was Sister Mary's shirt - "I May Be A Virgin" Smiley LOL

It said: " I'm a virgin. But this is an old shirt" 🤣

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Has anybody noticed this?

When the cardinals get together for meetings w/the Pope or without, all are wearing red & white.  Mostly red.

Yet, there is always 1 cardinal in the sea of red who is dressed in black from head to toe?  His outfit is slightly a different style too.  This cardinal looks more like an orthodox Russian priest.

Any catholics on board who can answer this?

Tried researching online, no sucess.  I don't think I am using the correct keywords.

OMG. That drove me NUTS too!  I figured Russian or Greek Orthodox. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Re: Young Pope on HBO

[ Edited ]

I was just re-watching the episode where he addresses the Cardinals and I was interested in the Papal Tiara that he was so excited to get from a museum in Washington.  

I looked it up and it hasn't been used since 1963. It is an accessory that Popes in the past century have rejected - it became thought of as “a symbol of the temporal power of the Popes.”   The tiara makes him more "kingly" and unapproachable.  A sure fire sign that he's bringing back the old rites, the old ways.  Yup, there's a new sheriff in town and everybody better watch their step!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have given up on this series. It moves at a snails pace. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm binge watching. I'm on The Sixth epiosode.

I agree it moves at a snails pace, but is so good. 

Lennie is an evil man with too much power. hmmm....

I can't wait go see his downfall.

What's the deal with Sister Mary? 

Honored Contributor

I said on another thread I thought Sunday night's episode was by far the best. Lenny actually came off as a caring human being with feelings. I found the episode sad. Last night's episode left the door open for another season which I believe it will get, I think HBO picked the show up for another season.

Honored Contributor

Is there a "Young Pope" where they discuss the show in detail with spoilers?  I can't find it.  Not just that spoiler tag but they really discuss it.