Respected Contributor

I got my brother hooked and after the last episode, he called me up screaming!!  He was SO mad that I got him invested and he thought it was over. I calmed him down and told him the show had been renewed. 

We both agree that the Catholic Church should hire Jude Law. Lol!

I will never get over them killing my favorite character. ☹️  

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I've told you before I love reading your posts! 

Any insight to The Young Pope will be much appreciated!! It really puzzles me, starting with Lennie's wink in the opening.

I'm a non-practicing Catholic, about 15 years I think.  I'm of Polish decent, as well as Lithuanian. My Dad took us out of school to see Pope John Paul II in Chicago. I so happy we went to see him.  It was crazy cold and we were far away, but I was there.

I missed school to see John Paul II in Boston during the Bicentennial, I believe it was.

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

One of the many HBO channels is airing a marathon today. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I think that Lenny caused Spencer's illness....remember the scene in which Spencer was practicing his new pope mannerisms?  Lenny knows all......I love it!  I was quite upset that the kangaroo was murdered.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Mz iMac I think that Lenny caused Spencer's illness....remember the scene in which Spencer was practicing his new pope mannerisms?  Lenny knows all......I love it!  I was quite upset that the kangaroo was murdered.

I covered my head with my sweatshirt and couldn't look. My rotten brother filled me in on the details later. He wanted me to suffer too. Lol. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I read this in an article and it fully encapsulates my feelings:

Re: Jude Law ...

"His performance crystallizes his greatest strengths as an actor—his leonine physicality, his ability to deliver lines with equal parts charm and venom, and the ways he’s weaponized his good looks."

@PurpleBunny

Great quote.  Regarding Law's "good looks," I watched the marathon yesterday and can now say he isn't perfect.  It appears one nostril is slightly smaller than the other.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Perfect?  There's no such thing, thank goodness.  Look!  In his personal life the guy has trouble keeping 'things' where they should stay.  

Honored Contributor

Talk about on-screen chemistry...

JUMP!

JUMP!

JUMP!

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I read this in an article and it fully encapsulates my feelings:

Re: Jude Law ...

"His performance crystallizes his greatest strengths as an actor—his leonine physicality, his ability to deliver lines with equal parts charm and venom, and the ways he’s weaponized his good looks."

@PurpleBunny

Great quote.  Regarding Law's "good looks," I watched the marathon yesterday and can now say he isn't perfect.  It appears one nostril is slightly smaller than the other.

LOL!  And he doesn't quite get his American accent perfect with words ending in "er!"

Darn ... so close. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@just bee Awhhhh I'm gonna cry seeing our garden friend again!!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )