Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R - what is everyone's opinion of killing off Sage?

A lot of bad drivers in Genoa City, huh, @LoriLori, lol.  

If it's true that she was forced off, maybe they wanted to free Nick up right away.  There's a new gorgeous woman coming to town,  the RL gf of Adam and BF of Chelsea.  She might be for Jack, too, since the writing is on the wall for his marriage to temperamental Phyllis.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori  I agree, same old, same old.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@chickenbone wrote:

Kelly Sullivan (Sage) revealed on Twitter That she knew and asked for Sage to be written off the show so she could move on to other projects.

Most actors -- the ones that are professional -- say this.  It's called saving face.  There's no way she wanted to be fired and actors on her level don't get to ask to be written off.  They could have recast or sent the character out of town so obviously they wanted Sage dead for storyline, and that's a shame

Also too many car accidents on Y&R.  Lazy writing.

@LoriLori

Maybe, maybe not.    

Not long ago "Joe Clark" left the show quite abruptly with no advance notice in the storylines.   In no time at all, he is on Grey's Anatomy.   Offers do come up, and perhaps Kelly Sullivan had to either sign a new contract or leave.   

Respected Contributor

I never cared for Sage. Always felt she was a Newman golddigger. Hope Adam ends up with baby and a whole new storyline develops.
Respected Contributor

I agree about her story about asking to be written out as a front to save face as an actress. I could see asking out of her contract and being replaced with another actress but asking to be totally written off simply not buying because that would be the writers and producers decision. I'm glad she is gone.
Honored Contributor

Annabelle  ...........  Poor Sharron???  Oh no, she brings most of the things that happen to her on herself!

As far as the actress playing Sage saving face  ........  I do not believe this, obviously she was not happy with the direction the character was going and wanted to do other things  ......  she will be missed by me!

Valued Contributor

I like Sharon.  I wish the writers would give her some new material though. I do feel sorry for her but agree that she brings some of her problems on herself.  Then sometimes she is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I really wish she could be happy with a spouse...Nick, Dillon...doesn't matter.

I had no opinion of Sage.  I wish there would be some more of the actresses finding new roles in other shows, too.  I like Moriah.  Can't stand Abby, Summer or Natalie.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't care for Sage in the begining and to put her with Nick didn't cross my mind either but she kind of grew on me the more she loosend up and then had brains and questions more goings on than I've seen on this story particularly with women since Jeanne Cooper played Mrs C.  For me she became a breathe of fresh air from the same old same old.  Now we are back again with the long and drawn out web of secrets and lies.

Like it was mentioned before I have a list of characters they could do without but I'm hoping the actress will at least haunt Sharon to no end and I am very disappointed that the writers went this route.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 I don't agree with some of what you said.  However, I wanted to tell you that I thought you did an excellent job of explaining your point of view and really backing it up.  If I didn't like the way they always dump on Sharon so much, I might agree with you.

Occasional Contributor

Have never liked Sage. Thought she was a terrible actress and there was no chemistry between her and Nick. Basically she had three facial expressions and none were appealing. For me the whole storyline involving Christian's death/Sully's birth has been an insult to long-time viewers.