Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R - what is everyone's opinion of killing off Sage?

Yes, lol.  @luv-the-Q, she almost did Phyllis in by pushing her down the stairs(accidentally) and kept that secret forever.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I really, really, really, really hated it.  Good old Sharon comes out on top again.  I despise that character.  Always have.  She is so needy and pathetic.  It took me a while but I finally came to love the character of Sage and really thought she and Nick made a stable, loving couple.  I absolutely hate the writing on the soap right now.  Jill Faren Phelps has destroyed every SO she has worked on.  Another World, Guiding Light. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I get your point, @Annabellethecat66.  Even in jail, Victor is punishing people while he gets semi punished.  

I knew that Josh Murrow had a band but I don't know how good it is.  I listened on YouTube but it wasn't my type of music so I couldn't evaluate how good/bad it was.  Most of these actors have a side gig since most soap stars don't make Eric Braeden salaries.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I am just sick, I have always liked Sage and I just cannot believe they (writers) did this!  There were way too many characters to do away with, and as always, Sharron will come out smelling like a rose, the secret of Sully being Christian will never come out now, she will take that secret to her grave!

I have read many fans say they are going to quit watching over this, but I will continue to watch, but I am not happy about it!  Of course in soapland may characters have come back from the dead, maybe she will be one!

@Hooty

There are SO many other characters that would have been better choices to kick the bucket .... Summer, Luca, Hillary .... need I go on?   

I liked Sage and Nick together and it's about time we saw a couple with actual stability.   They should have killed someone else off.

Like Sharon.  Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

Why oh why couldn't it have been Summer...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I read on another board that it was Sage's idea to be written out.  She wants to explore her horizons.  Probably true because it appeared that the writers were going toward Christian being Adams son to maybe break up Adam and Chelsea and Nick and Adam hating each other.  And poor Dylan being made a fool of again.  Now it's rewrite time.

Adam is getting karma.  He took Sharon's baby years ago and gave Faith to Ashley.  Now Sharon has his baby....although she doesn't know it.

Honored Contributor

I would have thought that once Sharon realized Sully wasn't hers that she would have been more understanding since it was done to her with Faith being given to Ashley after birth and the whole Mariah thing with not being told she had twins.  The nurse knows and I think it will be her that will tell.

Trusted Contributor

I for one am very upset that they killed Sage off.  I was just starting to like her.  I can't even watch when Sharon is on.  She is so dumb, any woman who had a child would have known that baby wasn't hers..   I really hope that she tells the truth.  How will she be able to live with herself knowing the baby is really Christian.  I hope they don't drag this out very long.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

That sure was a surprise! I thought, finally the baby secret will come out. NOT

Honored Contributor

@chickenbone wrote:

Kelly Sullivan (Sage) revealed on Twitter That she knew and asked for Sage to be written off the show so she could move on to other projects.

Most actors -- the ones that are professional -- say this.  It's called saving face.  There's no way she wanted to be fired and actors on her level don't get to ask to be written off.  They could have recast or sent the character out of town so obviously they wanted Sage dead for storyline, and that's a shame

Also too many car accidents on Y&R.  Lazy writing.