Respected Contributor

Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott misses work due to health crisis

Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott misses work due to health crisis

she has been
"Have been incapacitated w/a serious reaction 2 a medication I was prescribed 4 a sinus infection," she explained to fans on December 14. "Have just returned to work after 6 weeks of misery, a brief hospital stay, & have turned to alternative remedies, as the medical community had nothing 2 offer me. I'll B utilizing my FB (which I rarely use) to explain the horrific nightmare I've been going through. I hope 2 have the energy 2 write it tomorrow. Am thankful that I have gained enough strength 2 B back at work. The recovery has been slow, but improving. Not a secret: I'm actually looking 4 more ppl who have suffered w/this same reaction. These meds should not B available to public. Very serious side effects. God willing, I will be able to describe my agonies and slow recovery to all of you tomorrow. Thank you 4 your patience. Miss u all. Xo."

Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott misses work due to health crisis

Thanks Java, that's interesting. I have a friend who is taking some kind of Chinese Herbal powder (mixed with water) so that she doesn't have to take pain medicine for her back.

I'm personally not the adverturesome type. I asked her if it made a difference (she's been consuming it for many months now). She said, "Well, I think it takes the sharpness away from the pain". Hummmm???

I believe in being very pro when it comes to one's own medical problems. I was raised by my Grandmother who was 1/2 Cherokee Indian. I know lots of things that are old but tried and true.

I hope she gets back her to self soon. I've seen several interviews of her and she seems pretty 'down to earth'.

Valued Contributor

Re: Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott misses work due to health crisis

I feel so bad for her. When you're in pain, you're willing

to try almost anything. It's so sad..

That's how we roll in the shire..