Esteemed Contributor

Re: Y&R Nick & Sandra Allen's broken neck

On 3/28/2015 javala said:
On 3/28/2015 Mmsfoxxie said:
On 3/28/2015 Ringer2 said:

OOPS!!! Guess I was wrong but am surprised a lot of us just can't recall this as this would have been a huge event it would seem.

"You never know when the last time is the last time."

Why do you think you're wrong, ringer? Did you find her? I didn't.

I gave the cast history link didn't anyone check it...

That was a lengthy link, just tell us if you know the answer.

Honored Contributor

What I googled was this "supposedly" happened while Nick was in Switzerland at Boarding School, the girl was in a swimming pool and Nick jumped in, basically on top of her! Sounds like an accident to me!

Yes, Jack Abbot was Nick's step-father, he and Nikki were married and lost a baby together!

Respected Contributor

Who can trust Dirty Laundry so many times they just make stuff up...

Let's see Sharon who come's from a broken home and does not has two nickels to rub together is all of a sudden hiding in the bushes in Switzerland see this all take place only this time the girl's dies or murdered does anyone understand words anymore...

Murdered means intent not accident...

This nation is going hades in a hand cart....

That is suppose to be a young Nick in front of a casket boy for teenager his hands are awfully old...

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-sharon-told-austin-nicola...

Respected Contributor

On 3/28/2015 annabellethecat said:

So I just googled about Nick breaking someone's neck and the opening paragraph of Soap She Knows says, that Nick was starving for affection from his father Victor but was very close to his "step-father Jack". Is this the same Jack? This is news to me. I just never thought of Jack as Nick's step-father. I know Niki was married to Jack but Nick was older then, were Niki and Jack married when Nick was young (in his teens when he was in boarding school).

Annabel what you saw was taken from the report I started this thread with...

Many times over the years Nick has always refer to Jack as his father even when he started banging Phyllis the first time it was awkward due to the fact Phyllis was Jack wife....

Honored Contributor

Jack and Nikki were married twice....the first time Nick was a young kid, so he considered Jack his step father. The second time that Jack and Nikki were married, nikki ran right back to Victor within a day or two. Wonder how Jack overlooked marrying Victoria? Who knows what the future holds, though.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I remembered the wedding with Jack and Niki when she ran right back to Victor. Thanks for the memory foxxie.

It seems like if any of this had happened, someone would remember it mentioned. I agree with you javala (boy you're smart) that Sharon was really poor (she used to talk about it all of the time) so how was it she was in the bushes in Switzerland?

It seems like this new writer just 'flew' in and (although I've read where he has a history as a soap writer) forgot that soap fans are the most loyal and have amazing memories. Someone would have remembered that (or at least that it has been mentioned) about Switzerland. Also, wasn't Gabrielle in the boarding school where Nick was too? Nothing has come up about 'do you remember that party where that girl was hurt' in some way trying (by the writers) to tie things together. The writers just don't even try anymore. It's really frustrating. Myself, as a viewer, gets frustrated because part of a 'mystery' is trying to figure out 'who done it'. However, with these writers (not like the old days) these writers can just pull something or someone out of the air and make them the murderer and the rest of us are scratching our heads like....."wait a minute this doesn't add up". Then the writers have moved on to something else (this time it will be Neal and his alcoholic accident.

Respected Contributor

I love all of you guys I just wish when you see this kind of writing here even in other places of our lives..... I don't mean to be an alarmist but things are breaking down quickly in our real world... we are living in the latter days at this very moments... I hope what ever somehow as we continue this journey that the awareness sinks in... in so many areas of our lives what was once dependable like clock work is no longer there... 2+2 in many aspects of our lives does not equal 4. Lets just hold on tight and be there for each other! We each carry on and do the best we can... You might want to search the good book...

Love ya,

Java

Contributor

I've been watching Y&R for years and I never remember nothing like this happening. I'm starting to dislike this show. I hate what the writers are doing to Sharon's character. How can she remember so much back then and can't remember what she did to Phyllis a year ago. This is so stupid. I think I should just leave this soap alone.

Respected Contributor

Even if soaps are fictional this is way out of the bounds who is this generation today that think they can pull what ever garbage they want...

Years ago when there were principles this move would have made them the laughing stock...

Super Contributor

It's pure BUNK !