Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R March 2017....SPOILERS!!!

[ Edited ]

I agree @Annabellethecat66... Nick has the sex appeal of a door stop... When he was younger at least he was semi-cute and had a nice body, but as a leading man... No... Just no... Did you notice how close they brought in the camera too, during those (gag) love scenes to get tight shots, knowing there was just NO way his body could compare with Adam's... Boy, they really missed the boat with this pairing... Frankly, I think they missed an opportunity with Chelsea... They could have used Adam's murder as a chance to make her, at least temporarily, into a bitter, vengeful, um witch... Put some spunk into her... She seems to have recovered from losing the love of her life a little too easily if you ask me... Nothing about this match-up appeals to me or has me at all interested, least of all Faith trying to break them up... Though I don't blame her and wish her luck... 

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@stevieb

I had to step away - calling Eddy back in 'cause it was to cold out for him to play - so missed the lissy, kissy part.  Yeah, Eddy saved my life!!! Sounds really gross.....close-up shot!  YUK!!!!!Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey there @Trinity11... Going back to our conversation of last week over in the February thread, I've been giving it some thought and I can honestly say that the only characters I'm enjoying these days are Phyllis, Billy, the kinder, gentler Victor and by default, Nicki... While I don't much like either of them alone, the Jack and Gloria duo has also captured me... And I'm enjoying the Jill, Esther and Katherine retrospective, though I don't see how that can last for very long. I've never been a fan of Sharon's but find that as they try to 'redeem' her, at least she's a familiar face with some backstory with which I'm familiar, and so I'm liking her better than I ever have before. None of the rest of them do I find remotely interesting or compelling to watch and their stories don't interest me at all.

I'd like to say I like Lauren and Michael and I suppose in theory I do, but her current efforts to chew the scenery over her suddenly rediscovered son have not impressed.

I'd really like to see them find a storyline and a prospective pairing for Phyllis. Her serving as little more than Lauren's lady in waiting is a waste of a character who has energy and spunk and of a good actress... Some didn't take well to the Phyllis recast, but I actually prefer this one. The other one was good, in her way, but always seemed just a little too flaky and a bit on the 'low-rent' side... I had my doubts at first, but I think the Billy recast has also proven to be a good one...

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looking at the spoilers, I hope Cane spreads his wings... and flies away... Hoping there's room on his wings for dear ole dad...

It is SO high time Chloe's role in Adam's murder came to light... I can't imagine they think the audience is dumb enough to forget this just because there's no Adam around and quite frankly, neither the character nor the actress is likable enough for them to be able to redeem her without this ever being played out... They also need to give her voice lessons... Needless to say, pairing her with twerp-boy isn't helping her cause... And speaking of twerp-boy, I used to like him when they wrote parts for him that were semi-believable... 

And PLEASE can we FINALLY wrap up the matter of who done Delia...

Loving the Jill/Esther/Katherine scenes, but fast forwarding through the rest and sadly, how long can they keep this story going... Smart though, of them to mine this show's rich history, because it sure as heck hasn't been creating much that's rich over the past several years... 

Will somebody PLEASE bring Lauren's son home so she can stop all the obviously fake sniffing and snotting... and maybe get to a hair dresser...

And please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE... no more love scenes for Nick and Chelsea... They're about a hot as a gallon of rocky road ice cream... 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Annabellethecat66@stevieb

I had to step away - calling Eddy back in 'cause it was to cold out for him to play - so missed the lissy, kissy part.  Yeah, Eddy saved my life!!! Sounds really gross.....close-up shot!  YUK!!!!!Woman Tongue

It was pathetic... @eddyandme... Had there been no truly hot scenes in recent memory, it might not have been quite as lame, but there have been, so it was...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb, I agree about Lauren. She's overacting and not all that believable. I do like Jason Thompson as Billy. At first, not so much. I also like the Phyllis character. She needs a good storyline. I am enjoying Victor too! I do like the flashbacks! It's taken a little bit for the new regime to take Y&R in a new direction but things are looking up. 

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, thanks! I try to post when I can, but my DH and I are doing some home renovations that's keeping me pretty busy right now. Will look great when completed but the mess!!! Ugh. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@stevieb, I agree about Lauren. She's overacting and not all that believable. I do like Jason Thompson as Billy. At first, not so much. I also like the Phyllis character. She needs a good storyline. I am enjoying Victor too! I do like the flashbacks! It's taken a little bit for the new regime to take Y&R in a new direction but things are looking up. 

Agree @loveschocolate with all of the above, except maybe the looking up thing is pretty qualified with me... I'm still fast forwarding through a lot more than I'm watching... but at least there's hope...

Hope the home improvements go well...

Honored Contributor

When you said 'missed an opportunity' my first thought was you were going to say, "missed an opportunity to reminisce about her and Adam's love making scenes"......that's the 'opportunity' I'm thinking of....HA!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Gosh, I hope they don't have Chelsea ending up preggers  now after her little romp with Nick!  Lord knows she's a "Fertile Myrtle" & gets pregnant easily.  Doesn't anyone in that town use birth control?