Honored Contributor

Re: Y&R February 2017... SPOILERS!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid... No photographer worth a qwap is going to limit himself to an 'exclusive' contract with a single cosmetics company... Who comes up with this mess... If they want to keep him around to tempt Lily... or whoever... they really don't need to explain his presence... Honestly, one step forward and two giant steps backward...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So tell me, are we all supposed to be in awe of Reed's supposedly prodigious talent...? I hope musical entertainment doesn't become a regular part of the show.

It was ever thus...remember Danny Romilatti? And Lauren used to sing on the show. 

Honored Contributor

Summary for Wednesday, February 22nd from soaps.com:

Victoria is at GC Buzz for the Brash & Sassy interview and helps Mariah position the products while wondering about Cane and the rest of her team. Nearby, Devon urges Lily to stop stressing about Hilary. Meanwhile, Jordan talks to Hilary about how good it is to work with Lily again after ten years. Hilary gets a knowing look. “I’ll bet it is.” After, Hilary wants Devon to sign off on changes to the script.

In the hospital, Jill urges Billy to go to work and he acknowledges he’s hanging around to keep Colin at bay. Jill is irked. They debate about whether Colin sees her as a meal ticket. Jill has things she wants to talk to her husband about, and becomes upset at Billy asking the nurses to keep Colin from seeing her. Billy advises her to get some rest. “I love you.” Jill doesn’t respond. After, Jill sleeps fitfully as she flashes to arguing with Colin, and to Katherine confronting him about his shortcomings when she was alive. She recalls Katherine slapping her when she insulted Murphy and flinches. She awakens missing Katherine and dials her phone.

At the Club, Cane warns Colin to stay away from Jill or Billy will have him arrested. Colin feels his marriage may survive if he can make things right. “And you’re going to help me.” Cane realizes Colin wants him to go to Devon and says his brother-in-law is not a bank. Colin sighs. He will have to try and explain things to Jill. Cane is insulted that Colin didn’t even acknowledge it’s a big day for him and Lily. After, Neil finds Colin at the bar and asks about the situation with Jill. He also refuses to ask Devon to loan Colin money. Colin tells Neil he can’t lose Jill. Neil notes he could have left town, so he must love her. Neil advises him to prove it by being the man she fell in love with.

Cane arrives at GC Buzz and notices Jordan. Victoria informs him he’s taking behind-the-scenes shots and informs him she’s thinking of hiring him exclusively for Brash & Sassy. When Cane requests a GC Buzz employee add chairs for him and Billy, Victoria says it will just be her and Lily. Cane is questioning her when Billy appears to remind him he’s not co-CEO anymore. Devon takes Cane aside to ask about Jill. He heard about Colin’s role in it as well. Cane assures him he told Colin not to ask him for money, but insists he loves Jill. Cane finds Lily to wish her luck and Hilary looks on as they embrace. GC Buzz goes on the air, and Hilary interrupts Lily talking up the products to comment on her history with Jordan. She then invites Lily’s husband to join Jordan on the air. Cane takes off his shirt and Lily sprays him with Dare. Jordan removes his shirt and Mariah sprays him with scent. Devon and Billy take in the new developments with amazement. The show wraps and Billy confronts Cane for selling himself. He tells Vikki he deliberately tried to steal the segment from her. Victoria is just pleased it was successful. Devon announces social media is lighting up. Hilary thinks Jordan’s abs had a lot to do with that. Devon seems put out. After, he tells Hil she did a great job today. Devon admits her flirting with Jordan made him realize he dislikes the idea of her moving on, and he is miserable without her. They kiss.

At Crimson Lights, Billy is still irked about Cane. Victoria admits she wanted her star time as CEO, but the spontaneous fun made it a big hit. Billy warns her not to continue letting Cane get away with this stuff. Talk turns to Colin. Billy believes Cane would also do anything to get what he wants, just like his father.

Cane and Lily arrive at home and canoodle. Lily thinks Victoria and Billy will see his worth now, but Cane feels they want his life to be misery. Lily teases that the brand ambassador has a crush on him. They start undressing and Cane carries to her the bedroom.

Colin arrives in Jill’s hospital room. He’s so glad she called. Jill says it’s time they discussed their future. She imagines Katherine sitting at the end of the bed.

A Look Ahead to Thursday, February 23rd:

Sharon tells Nikki she’s sorry for pouring milk over her head and wishes there was a way she could make it up to her. Nikki replies, “Actually, there is.”

Reed enters The Underground. Noah calls out, “Hey!” Reed asks, “What did I do wrong now?”

Nick says to Victoria, “You should have heard him at open mic night, he totally killed it.” Victoria asks, “Reed did what?”

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

So tell me, are we all supposed to be in awe of Reed's supposedly prodigious talent...? I hope musical entertainment doesn't become a regular part of the show.

It was ever thus...remember Danny Romilatti? And Lauren used to sing on the show. 

Yep, I remember. I used to fast forward through them too... Woman LOL

That was back in the days when Lauren and Traci were ingenues and Lauren was always out to best Traci...

Oh my... Danny R... Another supposed heart throb who never was... Though I did like his sister, Gina... who used to run the restaurant...

Honored Contributor

Today was one of those days when it took about ten minutes to watch once I fast forwarded though all the yawn-worthy material foisted out there. And if 'corporate' Colin was revolting, 'undercover' Colin is even worse. Who'd have even thought that was possible. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Today was one of those days when it took about ten minutes to watch once I fast forwarded though all the yawn-worthy material foisted out there. And if 'corporate' Colin was revolting, 'undercover' Colin is even worse. Who'd have even thought that was possible. 

@stevieb

Now they're gonna make Colin 'turn a new leaf' and earn everyone's sympathy and become a permanent part-timr character on Y&R! What do yo think?

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

Now they're gonna make Colin 'turn a new leaf' and earn everyone's sympathy and become a permanent part-timr character on Y&R! What do yo think?

@eddyandme... Wouldn't surprise me. They sure seem to be giving him and Marble Mouth a lot of air time these days... It's going to be near impossible for them to gain my sympathy for either one of them... But it does seem like maybe they have plans or else he'd have just been gone when Jill found out about his latest scheme...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb, I will say this...I am glad the new writers have decided to put Victor on the back burner for awhile. The old writers made his character God-like, untouchable. Never getting what he deserved. Sure, he went to prison for a couple months ... Then he was miraculously released. I do like him being cut throat but it was just getting ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@stevieb, I will say this...I am glad the new writers have decided to put Victor on the back burner for awhile. The old writers made his character God-like, untouchable. Never getting what he deserved. Sure, he went to prison for a couple months ... Then he was miraculously released. I do like him being cut throat but it was just getting ridiculous.

@loveschocolate I agree. It really was time to start the shift to newer, younger characters. Victor will always be central but it was rather off-putting that he had to be the focus so much of the time. I don't know if this is a permanent thing or if sooner or later he'll come out of his current low key status, but I find I'm also enjoying the kinder, gentler Victor more... Could it be that they've finally realized this show needs a core matriarch and patriarch and instead of making Victor the arch-villain and Nicki his long suffering, on again... of again... wife, they've decided to paint them in a different light... I hope so...

As for the focus on younger generations, the only problem is, the younger generations have languished for so long that they're really not very interesting... As big as this cast is, they need a couple of very solid additions to beef up the younger and young-middle-age sets... And I hate to keep saying it, but they definitely need some more attractive men...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

@eddyandme... Wouldn't surprise me. They sure seem to be giving him and Marble Mouth a lot of air time these days... It's going to be near impossible for them to gain my sympathy for either one of them... But it does seem like maybe they have plans or else he'd have just been gone when Jill found out about his latest scheme...

I have to say though... and I don't know where our friend Laura is, but if anything will bring her out of the woodwork, this should do it... but I don't know where anybody gets off saying Colin's portrayer is the stuff of legend. I've yet to see five minutes of really high quality, uber-convincing acting emanating from this man...