Valued Contributor

Re: Y&R December 2016.. SPOILERS!!!

How about Nikki and her MS.  Remember one of the first problems was her inability to play the piano.  She seems to have got over that one!   She played very nicely with Faith singing Carols.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I don't like the way they belittle serious illnesses.

Michael Baldwin had a bad stage of prostate cancer and the next thing you know he's back up in the bedroom making Lauren see stars. LOL

Every man in America over 50 wants that cure. sheesh..............

Hopefully, Nicki has got off the bottle once and for all now anyway.

I hate sloppy drunks. LOL

If Victor is really retiring maybe he can keep an eye on her now

Honored Contributor

Can't make this stuff up folks.  Ok, you heard about my 

Jack rabbit story. Today, it's bone cold here. Wind chill is like 10 below, so, we're leaving church, turn on the car heater, get down the road couple of miles and the windshield splits into a rainbow shape   like this

(               except turned upward like. down at the bottom we have a oval split in the glass..............sigh.................time to hit the Insur.

Mon. think we have full replacement cost in the policy. Never seen a car glass fracture like that with no accident just driving down the road and pop.

always something.................sigh...................

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicecupoftea wrote:

How about Nikki and her MS.  Remember one of the first problems was her inability to play the piano.  She seems to have got over that one!   She played very nicely with Faith singing Carols.

Yea, this is where a lack of continuity brought about by frequent changes in writers and sloppy producers really shines through... I can sort of overlook the Nicki and MS thing, because the symptoms do often come and go...  I think the worst was over on Days when a recast of one of the characters lost a leg in one war or another. Then, when the part was recast back to the man who originated the role, I don't think there was ever any mention of the lost leg... No limp... Nada... Who knows, maybe it grew back...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@SharkE  FYI, my husband says turning the heat on the window when you first start it can break the windshield.  Makes some sense.

Honored Contributor

Guess it does, but, who wants to get in car and freeze to death when the wind chill is below zero LOL

first time that's ever happened. Guess we're suppose to ride in a cold car till  we get home. LOL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  No, no.  Heat can go to the body of the car, but don't use the windshield defrost until the car heats up a bit.  The problem is the glass doesn't like the fast heating up.  It is the same for a lot of glass. 

Honored Contributor

Pretty sure we just had the heat on that aims it at your feet not the defrost.

At any rate, I'm just glad it didn't crack and fall in on us.

I think I have a voodoo curse on me. I got those big ol' Oreck candles that serves as deordorizing candle, also. Had one in a metal cake pan that I don't use any more and I walked in the room and it broke off 2 big chunks of glass one staying in the pan the other landed on the carpet ! Glad I heard it break or I would had stepped on the shard of glass not knowing it was in the carpet.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Usually windshield replacement people don't even make you pay the deductible.  They just pass it on to the insurance company.

I've had to have a few replaced over the years and I don't remember ever having to pay the deductible.  It's often a separate charge anyway.  Get the one's who just come to your house and put it in.

A friend did it and said it was like magic, suddenly, it was fixed. 

You must feel like "what next".  Sorry but maybe the bad stuff is over and that's it...I hope so and I hope the bad stuff was stuff like that...take care.

Honored Contributor

There was probably a fracture somewhere and you never noticed it.  Then the difference in the heat versus the cold caused it to 'blow'.

Like I said, I've had a few blow on me.  I've actually sat and watched the stupid thing travel as I'm sitting there.  We were upset but laughing at how stupid it was sitting there like we were watching TV.  It was like, "How far will it go".