Honored Contributor

Re: Wow! I am shocked. Christina and Tarek from Flip or Flop

It has nothing to do with their being in Southern California. It's too bad when parents split but honestly I never could stand either one of them. Watched a few times and that was it.

Respected Contributor

Her "vocal fry" voice drives me insane so I don't watch many episodes.  I hope they can work our their problems and stay together, if possible.

Respected Contributor

They have been under fire for bait and switch for their expensive flipping classes.  Some of these classes cost $20,000.  You pay for the class, then they want to sell additional products and "personal help".  They don't show up for appearances, and don't refund the money.  People have gone bankrupt with their ponzi scheme.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/26/flip-or-flop-stars-tarek-christina-el-moussa-under-fire-after-...

Honored Contributor

I liked him but disliked her so I only watched a couple of times.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is very sad news.  I hope they can take a moment to think about all the changes they have experienced over the past few years, and realize they may need to take a bit off of their schedules and focus on family.

It shouldn't be all about fixing, selling and profit.

I wondered about the comment Tarek made at an ultrasound visit.  He said, that was a 30 something wait to see his child in her belly.  Isn't Taylor his daughter?

I believe he had thyroid cancer.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I am stunned, but not shocked.  Happens so easily in So CA and with the people on television. 

I so enjoy the show and the ideas that are shared. 

I want the show to continue but usually when there's a separation, the shows come to an end. 

@Puzzle Piece

I can understand the entertainment industry thing, but what does Southern California have to do with anything?   The divorce rate hovers around 50% all  over the country!

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if having the second baby was them trying to save their marriage. 

The children deserve to live in a stable home, even if it's two seperate homes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44@CANDLEQUEEN Well, to begin with, here in So Ca women compete and financially and socially climb.  It's done especially in the OC where the couple is living.  Sounds shallow but it's very real. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

They have been under fire for bait and switch for their expensive flipping classes.  Some of these classes cost $20,000.  You pay for the class, then they want to sell additional products and "personal help".  They don't show up for appearances, and don't refund the money.  People have gone bankrupt with their ponzi scheme.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/26/flip-or-flop-stars-tarek-christina-el-moussa-under-fire-after-...

Why would someone give two TV people $20K in cash for a class?

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Tinkrbl44@CANDLEQUEEN Well, to begine with, here in So Ca women compete and financially and socially climb.  It's done especially in the OC where the couple is living.  Sounds shallow but it's very real. 

@Puzzle Piece

Hmm .... I live in the Los Angeles area and really don't see what you're saying to be the norm.   I can't speak to what you see in OC, or the people you socialize with.