Honored Contributor

Re: Who will be Kelly Ripa's new co-host?

Kelly and Michael were good together and have great chemistry.  I dont't care much for NPH, Jerry O'Connell or Andy Cohen with her and while supposedly good friends of hers they seem too much alike personality-wise but think Anderson Cooper is great with her.  I also  think Josh Grobin has great chemietry with her as doea Seth Myers.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The rumors floating around being reported on stations that I listen to are that Kelly is a real witch to work with and she and Michael never got along from the start.  I rarely if ever watched the show but I happened to tune in one time when they were talking about atrumored tending the holiday party and from what they were saying, both were there but never saw each other.  Not even to say hi.  Right then I figured they don't get along and what you see on air is an act.

Along with that rumor, the station also said that Anderson Cooper wants the job and that he and Kelly are a perfect fit because he doesn't put up with Kelly and her nonsense.  It's rumored he puts her in her place.

I always thought she seemed nice but after the way she has handled this, my opinion has totally changed.  And just because she was told that Live is a priority, it means nothing.  That could be lip service and nothing more.

What baloney !!!

You don't believe that I rarely if ever watch the show?  LOL

I was up front that everything I posted I heard and that it was rumors so I'm not really sure why you are coming across as so angry.  Are you Kelly's sister?  Woman LOL   

Respected Contributor

Anderson Cooper and his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, were both on Watch What Happens Live last night, and a caller asked Anderson for his thoughts on "the situation," and if he would be interested in the co-host position.  Anderson said "it would be a dream working with Kelly,"  but he hasn't been asked.  I'm sure the Execs will ask him at some point (if they haven't already).  I think Anderson and Kelly are great together, are friends in "real life," and Anderson previously had a daytime talk show a few years ago, while maintaining his CNN position.  I think they would be great together, and a nice balance between the two.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Good grief!  How in the name of Heaven can any of you say so much hateful things about someone you only know by watching them on the TV screen?

I don't know if any of you ever watch soaps but if you don't I suggest you do.  It's OK to take one's anger, frustration, thinking we know the characters, and so on out on these characters.  That's what they are.....people acting like characters.

However, to feel this way about a person simply by what you see on the TV doesn't seem to be a good idea.

So haven't you noticed, Annabelle, that it's a hobby for some to denigrate beautiful, successful women on a daily basis? Evident by so many of these posts right here on this thread.

Kelly doesn't make over 20 million a year by being stupid. She knows the business inside out and the ratings reflect that. Clearly, not just anyone can do her job.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Good grief!  How in the name of Heaven can any of you say so much hateful things about someone you only know by watching them on the TV screen?

I don't know if any of you ever watch soaps but if you don't I suggest you do.  It's OK to take one's anger, frustration, thinking we know the characters, and so on out on these characters.  That's what they are.....people acting like characters.

However, to feel this way about a person simply by what you see on the TV doesn't seem to be a good idea.

So haven't you noticed, Annabelle, that it's a hobby for some to denigrate beautiful, successful women on a daily basis? Evident by so many of these posts right here on this thread.

Kelly doesn't make over 20 million a year by being stupid. She knows the business inside out and the ratings reflect that. Clearly, not just anyone can do her job.

I am tired of this line of talking when someone doesn't carry the water for a particular female anchor/person in general.  I no longer watch the show because I felt like she disrespected Regis.  I think time has proven this point.  I did not post anything when the news came out, but IMHO she is an employee of ABC and doesn't need to have to know all of the ins and out of their choices.  She was told before it was public knowledge but choose instead to play the victim card.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

So haven't you noticed, Annabelle, that it's a hobby for some to denigrate beautiful, successful women on a daily basis?  Evident by so many of these posts right here on this thread.

@Trinity11    @Annabellethecat66

It is a hobby .... or jealousy.  

Some women just can't stand it when a smart, pretty woman works hard ...  and makes good money.  Think back on threads mentioning Lisa Robertson, Erin Andrews, etc etc.   Kelly Ripa is just the latest to be crucified for working hard and commanding a big salary.   It just doesn't sit well with some people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I am tired of this line of talking when someone doesn't carry the water for a particular female anchor/person in general.  I no longer watch the show because I felt like she disrespected Regis.  I think time has proven this point.  I did not post anything when the news came out, but IMHO she is an employee of ABC and doesn't need to have to know all of the ins and out of their choices.  She was told before it was public knowledge but choose instead to play the victim card.  

@Hoovermom

Okay, I have to ask ..... just HOW did Kelly supposedly "disrespect" Regis?   Since when is Regis the king of television that must be worshipped??   (He's widely thought to be a bit of a jacka$$).

LOTS of people don't socialize with former co-workers, especially the annoying ones.  For all we know, Kelly's husband can't stand the guy.  What exactly is it you think she should have done?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Hoovermom

Okay, I have to ask ..... just HOW did Kelly supposedly "disrespect" Regis?   Since when is Regis the king of television that must be worshipped??   (He's widely thought to be a bit of a jacka$$).

LOTS of people don't socialize with former co-workers, especially the annoying ones.  For all we know, Kelly's husband can't stand the guy.  What exactly is it you think she should have done?

You seemingly know all there is to know about her, so I will let you answer for me.  I mean no disrespect at all.  I have my opinions of her and you have yours.  We probably will not have a mind-meld to settle this.  You have asked questions that I never intimated at all, and things that people think of her as well.

Honored Contributor

I don't really watch the show anymore, but I was under the impression that Michael was Kelly's first choice for the job.  I never thought he was the best choice, but I thought (and still think) that it was important for the two hosts to have chemistry.  Who better than she would know if she has chemistry with someone?

Also, on the few occasions I have seen the show they seemed to get along great together.  Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how people can comment that they don't get along.

I do think it is important to choose a new host soon.  I know for me, the reason I stopped watching the show was because I couldn't stand the endless string of guest hosts who were essentially auditioning every time they were on.  That gets old and tired fast (for the viewer.)  Just make a decision and take responsibility for it.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Hoovermom

You seemingly know all there is to know about her, so I will let you answer for me.  I mean no disrespect at all.  I have my opinions of her and you have yours.  We probably will not have a mind-meld to settle this.  You have asked questions that I never intimated at all, and things that people think of her as well.

@Hoovermom

I appreciate your comment, but you did say you thought she disrespected Regis, and I highlighted it in red, in case you want to refer to it.    My question was simply how do you think she did that?  It was a fair question.