Trusted Contributor

Who do you think will be the next Food Network Star 2016?

Any predictions on who you think will win? I said I wasn't going to watch anymore, as I don't think that the winner is necessarily going to have their own show. The guy who won last year (Eddie) was very personable & seemed to be a good chef, but he got some stupid show where he didn't do any cooking & that was the end of him. I think they just have these shows on now to be plugged into the reality TV scene. Anyway, for my 2 cents, I think that the lady will be the winner as she seems to have the personality for TV. I wish her the best & hope she can actually have a show on where she cooks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Who do you think will be the next Food Network Star 2016?

@joannecha wrote:

Any predictions on who you think will win? I said I wasn't going to watch anymore, as I don't think that the winner is necessarily going to have their own show. The guy who won last year (Eddie) was very personable & seemed to be a good chef, but he got some stupid show where he didn't do any cooking & that was the end of him. I think they just have these shows on now to be plugged into the reality TV scene. Anyway, for my 2 cents, I think that the lady will be the winner as she seems to have the personality for TV. I wish her the best & hope she can actually have a show on where she cooks.

I agree that I think the woman will win.  She's too effervescent for me, so if she gets a show, I probably won't watch. I would watch Damiano.  I also would watch Erin, the Baker who was eliminated.  Oh, well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Damiano.  The winner always gets a show, but it's on 6am on Sunday morning or something equally ridiculous.  I think if they are going to make the winner a star, they should put them on prime time instead of running reruns.   DDD or chopped is always on.  That new show cooks vs con needs to go too.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember how many are left.  But I rather like the large man, if he stops trying so hard.  He seems like such a sweet man.

The Italian guy would be ok..

This just has been such a weird season!   The only one I don't like at all is Tregaye.  She must be their golden child for the season, however, because she has blown through a couple of times when she was the worst.  If she wins I don't plan to watch her.    I can't remember who else is left.

I guess we'll also see how comes back, tonight.  I don't know why they need two hours for the regular episode AND the episode that determines who comes back, but then I'm not in charge.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Damiano is the only one I'd watch. 

Respected Contributor

I like all three contestants.  It will also depend on who comes back tonight from "Star Salvation".  I agree with those of you wondering what will happen to the winner. I hardly ever watch The Cooking Channel. That may be where more of the cooking shows are.  Food Network seems to have gone more to  competitions.  Besides "Next Food Network Star", there is "Chopped", "Chapped Jr", "Cake Wars", "Cooks vs.Cons", "Guy's Grocery Games."  The cooking shows on FN seem to be reruns.  I guess FN also has a talk show format in "The Kitchen." 

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

If I remember, he was basically the barbecue version of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, just going from place to place.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone but Tregaye.  Haven't liked her from the beginning of the show. Her corncakes were dry but yet she's still there.  They really like her.  I like Jernard and Damiano.  As for watching Damiano, he's eye candy but w/that accent, not sure how he'll do on a tv show. 

We'll have to see next wks finale.

Honored Contributor

I just watched last night's episodes.   This is spoiler info regarding that - 

Spoiler
Oh, freaking MG!    Tregaye, once again, does the worst and once again is not eliminated.   Now I'm totally sure that she is their golden girl of the season.  Nauseating.

I was glad that the tall guy won the last chance deal and had another chance.  He should have stayed.  *sigh*  

I hate the way they are just so obvious about who they want to win, to the extent that other contestants get the shaft.

Ok, rant over.   I think I need to wean myself off this show.  Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

I love Damiano, but I think Genard should win.