Respected Contributor

Yes, many commercials are downright lame. But, I can't get one out of my head. It's become an ear worm.

It's the Allstate one where the guy is driving a convertible down a highway happily singing away, while the hood ornament sings with him. I'm tellin' you, it's a catchy tune. 

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1  Oh no, I just posted, then saw your post. I love that hood ornament one.

Honored Contributor

liberty mutual commercials are so bad they are insulting.  Even the grammar of their slogan line pains me every time I hear it

Honored Contributor

@millieshops    They desperately need a new ad agency. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Who Would Want A...

[ Edited ]

That singing hood ornament song is a Pet Shop Boys tune titled Opportunities from 1986. I remember it well.

Allstate car insurance uses that song to show the brawny guy driving a car with brains...as in high-tech car technology. Save money by driving smart.

"You've got the brains, I've got the looks, let's make lots of money." 

Honored Contributor

This commercial actually makes me nauseous! It's supposed to be a hot dog cart, right?

@BlueFinch - There was a reality show on some years ago, Beauty and the Geek.  This was their theme song. I looked it up once, and it is a whole song. You're right- it IS catchy!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

The commercial that I can't stand is for SNHU, where the woman says, "I went running to my husband saying 'We can DO this!'. "

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

All commercials are senseless and meant to get your attention in one way or another.

Honored Contributor

Iiiiit's YOPLAIT TIME!  

Can't even stand it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That singing hood ornament song is a Pet Shop Boys tune titled Opportunities from 1986. I remember it well.

Allstate car insurance uses that song to show the brawny guy driving a car with brains...as in high-tech car technology. Save money by driving smart.

"You've got the brains, I've got the looks, let's make lots of money." 

I'm in love with the guy driving the car

Cogito ergo sum