Honored Contributor

Re: What's a movie you loved (or didn't)?

My Cousin Vinny is my favorite. I think it's the funniest movie ever made.

Speed, Arachnophobia & Orphan are also some of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

Didn't get very good reviews, but I liked "The Lovely Bones" - I thought the depiction of the journey to Heaven was so moving and beautiful.

Valued Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Don't turn inside out on this one, many love her, but I cannot watch anything with Barbra Streisand in it. She makes me nuts.

I can't stand her.

Valued Contributor

One of my favorites is Eyes Wide Shut. I'm a big fan of Stanley Kubrick's films. Most people didn't like the film because they didn't get it.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee That movie is on TV tonight!  It was depressing but I agree with you.

Valued Contributor

I read that Robin Williams thought this was the worst movie he'd ever made (before RV, I assume), but I LOVE 'Club Paradise.' 

Respected Contributor

I loved Bridges of Madison County. Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep are two of my favorite Actors/Actresses. Richard Gere is a close second.

Esteemed Contributor

Richard Gere and the dog---Hiachi--spelling-- I loved and cried.

I rented Zoolander and saw it with my son. We both hated it--stupid. And now 2 is coming out. I guess it made money.

Trusted Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

OK, I don't want any grief for this, but I absolutely hated Titanic!  I know...I know... I'm in the minority on that one.  And, I got stuck seeing it twice! 

Movies I love always seem to be holiday flicks - Elf and Holiday are two absolute favorites that I can watch over and over.

No stones from me.....I didn't love it, either.  I thought it was ok--but didn't like it enough to see a second time.

I love older movies:  Father of the Bride with Elizabeth Taylor and Spencer Tracy...Imitation of Life (Lana Turner)....Meet Me In St. Louis (Judy Garland)....Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (Cary Grant, Myrna Loy).

I could go on all day, listing movies that I love. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brewhaha wrote:

My Cousin Vinny is my favorite. I think it's the funniest movie ever made.

Speed, Arachnophobia & Orphan are also some of my favorites.

@brewhaha  OMG, My Cousin Vinny is the absolute funniest movie.  So true!  As a NJ girl marooned down South for 14 years now, it is so spot on.  I still quote from that movie every day of my life and, for the life of me, I still haven't figured out grits either.  Smiley Very Happy