Valued Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Mini Series?

Glad someone remembered Captains and the Kings. Loved that one,

Honored Contributor

Loved the North and South mini-series and the one's that followed.  I read all of the books.  Anything to do with the Civil War is my favorite subject.  That and the White House (not the people, the building).

Many of the same one's other people mentioned.  I loved the first Roots.  I wish it was shown on regular TV like the first time.....replay the first one.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Loved the North and South mini-series and the one's that followed.  I read all of the books.  Anything to do with the Civil War is my favorite subject.  That and the White House (not the people, the building).

Many of the same one's other people mentioned.  I loved the first Roots.  I wish it was shown on regular TV like the first time.....replay the first one.

hi @Annabellethecat66

do you have cable tv? i have seen ROOTS replayed several times......including this year. they often play it during black history month on either the TVONE channel or the BET channel.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Do I have cable?  You bet cha!  I get every station offered!  Ha!  I meant that I'd like to see it replayed on one of the non-cable stations so people who don't have cable could see it and would be more likely to see it.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  Yes, the original Roots, the only one I watched as how could a remake ever compare.  It made a huge impression on me.

Honored Contributor

@just bee

I see you were a Masterpiece Theater fan when it was narrated by Alister Cooke.

I have I, Claudius on DVD. 

Cannot find Notorious Woman anywhere.  I don't think its ever been made onto a DVD or any type of video.  Bits & pieces of the series can be found on YouTube. icon_exclaim.gif

================

Another favorite of mine....

Shogun

By the end of that series I mastered Japanese.  Ni yori shutoku suru ni wa, sukunakutomo jūbun (At least enough to get by). Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

jewelwisher wrote:

Rich man, poor man, and Captains and Kings! Loved them! They were in 1976 and 1977. I also enjoyed Roots! Another one I loved, but can't remember the name was about a little boy who grew up to be a crooked politician in Atlantic City! Was Sopranos a mini series? Loved it, too!

Just remembered it...Boardwalk Empire! A little raunchy, but good plot!

@Imadickens

the sopranos (6 seasons) and boardwalk empire (5 seasons) were both regular series on hbo. they are two of my most favorite series! warning though to others: lots of sex and violence, so if this is not your taste, then the series isnt for you.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I forgot about Rage of Angels.  I know I read the book.  I have to look at clips on YouTube to see if I remember the movie.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

has to be the thorn birds!  Loved him since I was very little,  didn't understand dr Kildare too young but used to watch it with my mom and I guess he was my first crush even though I was only around 6 yrs old lol he was the perfect actor to be cast in the thorn birds.  

North th and south would be my second choice,  hsve watched it so many times, so well written and acted.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

Rich man, poor man, and Captains and Kings! Loved them! They were in 1976 and 1977. I also enjoyed Roots! Another one I loved, but can't remember the name was about a little boy who grew up to be a crooked politician in Atlantic City! Was Sopranos a mini series? Loved it, too!

Just remembered it...Boardwalk Empire! A little raunchy, but good plot!

@Imadickens

the sopranos (6 seasons) and boardwalk empire (5 seasons) were both regular series on hbo. they are two of my most favorite series! warning though to others: lots of sex and violence, so if this is not your taste, then the series isnt for you.

Loved both!  The sapranos was excellent,  yes lots of violence but so we

l written,  loved James gadalofini ,  so sad he left us at such a young age.  And  boardwalk empire was great as well ,  a whole different era, but equally as good .  Hosted to see both of term end.