Respected Contributor

Walking Dead - getting confused

It is probably just me I have watched this show since day one and enjoyed it but now there seems to be so many different groups, different camps, sub plots I am losing track and interest.  I cannot keep track of them all.  Anyone else finding this or maybe I just need not to watch anymore.

Respected Contributor

Re: Walking Dead - getting confused

I have to take a break from this show now and then.  Usually after a few weeks I miss it and then binge watch to catch up.  But sometimes I just get tired of it.

After several shows with Negan as the main character, I took a break.  Just needed it and was sick of him.

Super Contributor

I stopped watching when Glenn and the red head were killed. The show was fun when it was about killing zombies to survive, but once they started hammering home just how evil humans can be and are to each other, the fun was gone for me.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you're right @dulwich, but i think it's part of the build up to a very stronge revenge episode, and they will need more than a few groups to pull it off. I feel that this is how civilization builds itself. or at least in the case of a post apocalyptic world.  

Although I'm getting a little impatient with the way they have now addressed what's going on with each group by using an entire episode on each, I look forward to the revenge of the unnecessary murders of so many characters by the crazed Negan. I mean we're all watching for that satisfaction, I would say. And I hope they'll give Lucille a "regal" send off filled to the brim with some form of ironic retribution. .

Valued Contributor

the second half of this season has been about getting ready for "all out war"...which wont happen until next season...so yeah its been all over the place getting the groups together for "all out war",,,,,Negan has been seen much in the last two weeks.....but hes not going anywhere....trust me

Honored Contributor

What skuggles said!!

This is how civilization progresses in the ZA.   People are now more dangerous than the walkers.  

@dulwich@skuggles

Respected Contributor

I think if you followed the comic books you would not be confused. The comic book series is long and they have many groups that Ricks group come into contact with. The problem with the series is you have a shorter span of time to introduce them in and get the viewer to be interested in them to continue watching. 

Respected Contributor

@skuggles@software  I agreed with your posts.  I will keep watching but as mentioned gets a bit boring watching different group's past histories relayed in the whole episode.  Enjoyed reading all the different viewpoints.

Respected Contributor

It's a big world out there and we can't fool ourselves into thinking only Rick has a group even though Rick and group are the main focus of this series.  If they "never" encountered other groups we would be questioning why are there no other survivors in this apocalypse.   I actually like the new additions....it shows the different ways and life styles of each group and despite the one thing in common (surviving and killing zombies) I find it interesting to see the ways/means each group has used to cope/deal and survive even if I don't agree with or like them.  

Honored Contributor

I like that there is no unnecessary character, no unnecessary dialog, no unnecessary visuals.   It all means something from the past or will be in the future.   I like to see how it all comes together.

I read something online once, wish I had saved it, someone blogged how the journey of Rick Grimes parallels the life of man from Genesis forward.   In the hospital, unclothed, awakening to a world he doesn't know.   And each of the story lines every season represents a place in  time of world history as we know it, Roman Empire & such.

Obviously there is  great deal of poetic license.    I look forward to see how civilization moves forward.    And there is always a good story to tell with a good guy vs. a bad guy.

I can see where you can get Walking Dead fatigue.   I felt that way when everyone was split up & on their way to Terminus.  But it was a chance to do some character building.

@dulwich