Honored Contributor

WHO SHOULD WIN AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL?

[ Edited ]

I like Mame............

The blonde guy, Mikey-not so much.......

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHO SHOULD WIN AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL?

Wow. This is still on?

Trusted Contributor

I believe  there are only reruns on....the last season was in 2015... And it was cancelled after that do no more new shows. 

Respected Contributor

@catlover @Goldengate8361 @June222

The CURRENT season (22) is the last season,
they were cancelled so there won't be future

seasons after this one.

There are 4 Finalists:

Original Airdate: December 4, 2015

Final two guys: Mikey Heverly & Nyle DiMarco

Final two girls: Lacey Rogers & Mamé Adjei

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Lacey and Nyle.  The other 2, not so much.   I've always enjoyed the show. Hate that this is the last season. It was always my guilty TV watching pleasure.

Honored Contributor

I've watched a few shows here and there.  It's too bad it's ending.  I think no matter what you think of Tyra (I like her) but you have to admit she's brought people into the limelight that before would have been overlooked as not being perfect and not able to model.

I personally would like to see more "imperfect" (like the model who's gotten well known that has Vitilgo) maybe some blind people, people in wheel chairs, etc.

The world is full of people that aren't beautiful and/or have something that makes them not like everyone else (just different).  Why can't we see them?  

I've never understood why they can't be on game shows.  They could be on The Price Is Right or many of the game shows.  Why not?

Anyway, sorry to get off subject.  She has brought people to the public eye and I like that.

Respected Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

I like Lacey and Nyle.  The other 2, not so much.   I've always enjoyed the show. Hate that this is the last season. It was always my guilty TV watching pleasure.

@MathisFan I like Lacey and Nyle the best as well.

I think they have better chances at being successful 

models.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Nyle.  Forget 50 Shades of Grey, Nyle is very hot and takes a great photo.  He is so gorgeous.  Those eyes!  And there's a sentimental thing there too because my BFF (since we're three!), her parents are deaf and she became an interpreter and one of the things she does is video interpreting and she's told me how thrilled the deaf community is with Nyle.  He will be a huge success.

@Annabellethecat66, good news:  The model with vitiligo who Tyra recruited and then treated so meanly (she always has to have a scapegoat every season and a pet, and her pet this season was that horrible ugly guy) has become one of the only truly successful models ever to be on the show. Her career is off the charts.  Tyra may not have wanted her but the world does.

Unusual models are quite the thing now and she is doing very high fashion (high paying) work.  Has everyone seen the very successful lingerie and swimsuit model who has no legs?  I love this.  Kids now are going to have role models that reflect a much broader spectrum and it's wonderful.

Here, @Annabellethecat66 and anyone else who is interested:

Kanya Sesser born without legs makes a living as a lingerie model

Isn't she beautiful?  

And here a lovely quick story with gorgeous photos of Chantelle, the model with vitiligo who is now known as Winnie Harlow (and is rumored to be dating Nick Cannon; take that, Mariah!)   If you are pressed for time just read the last paragraph (that that, Tyra!):

How Winnie Harlow became a successful model despite her skin condition

Esteemed Contributor

I think they have the right final four. As much as I dislike Mikey, he is a good model and I am worried that he will beat Nyle for top male. I'm fine with either Mame or Lacey. I don't have a favorite, but only don't want Mikey to win.

Talking about the model with vitiligo - I think she was rightfully eliminated. Twice, as I believe she was the model who was brought back. At the time, she wasn't confident, was a little difficult (if I'm remembering correctly), and some of her photos were weak. But, the show hopefully helped her, as I do think they give good advice. I'm not a fan of Kelly's, but I especially think she gives real world critiques.
Honored Contributor

I think Mame deserved to win, her catwalk was amazing -- but I am soooooooooooo glad Nyle won!  Yay him!

He is gorgeous.  Mame will do very well too.

I was wondering whether he is straight or gay.  Turns out he has come out as "sexually fluid."  I don't like the term since it reminds me of actual sexual fluids but I guess that means both?

Very good fashion show, the clothes were weirdly entertaining.

And so ends ANTM.  Cancelled.  No more.  Go away, Tyra!