Respected Contributor

Re: Vent - Anyone watch The Kitchen Saturday"

Used to watch this show but it as it has gone on the presenters are getting louder and louder, interrupting, shouting - just does not work any more fir me so I stopped watching few months back and I do not miss it at all.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby......I continue to watch because I like the show.  I'm not going to let Sunny keep me from watching even though she's annoying as heck.   She reminds me of someone else. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I like the concept of this show very much, but would like to see several of the chefs replaced.   

Honored Contributor

Sunny and Jeff are there because the others are so reserved and they can be annoying at times.  They "stir" things up and that's their purpose.  Yes, they do go overboard once in a while and I don't care for the blue, yellow, or whatever colors she wears on her lips, but I enjoy the show.

I get the feeling they work well together, but they may have pushed Sunny to far with the crows.  She hates that stuff and has told them over and over again.  Jeff said it was his fault.  He was in on it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I have tried very hard to watch first Sunny's original show and now when she is on whichever FN show but I just can't warm up to her.  She just overwhelms whatever it is they are showing/preparing and (for me) it becomes more about her rather than the show itself.

This is how little I pay attention to The Kitchen anymore, I had no clue what you folks were talking about when it comes to the crows.  I have to go back and replay that episode . . . sigh.

Respected Contributor

I like the show and learned many tips from watching. Jeff & Sunny do not bother me. I think they get along well & try to bring some life to it. Notice none of them are not on every segment, they switch the chefs around. I have notice Sunny's lipstick, one week it was yellow, another week blue etc...... I remember when my DD was in her teens those shades of lipstick was so popular. I thought that faze was over with. I rather watch that show than anything with Bobby Flay. I am so over him.

Honored Contributor

I used to watch and stopped when I saw an episode about food crafting with kids.

Pointy toothpicks being broken in half and used to hold the bits and pieces together.  That's a safety issue.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I have tried very hard to watch first Sunny's original show and now when she is on whichever FN show but I just can't warm up to her.  She just overwhelms whatever it is they are showing/preparing and (for me) it becomes more about her rather than the show itself.

This is how little I pay attention to The Kitchen anymore, I had no clue what you folks were talking about when it comes to the crows.  I have to go back and replay that episode . . . sigh.

I didn't find her to be obnoxious in her first show.  Often times people get too comfortable in front of the camera and go from pleasant to hammy.  I think that is what has happened to her.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I used to watch and stopped when I saw an episode about food crafting with kids.

Pointy toothpicks being broken in half and used to hold the bits and pieces together.  That's a safety issue.

I don't know why all these TV chefs feel the need to "bring the kids into the kitchen!!!" at holiday time.  I don't care to watch that (or do that.)

Honored Contributor

The Kitchen has run its course IMO, with or without Sunny.   (not a Marcela fan either) Anything they show you can be found on the internet, where they probably find it in the first place.    

One thing I do like, but they don't do it often enough is have a guest chef, someone who is NOT a celebrity chef but someone who is up-and-coming.

@cookinfreak wrote:

OMG! Sunny is usually loud & rude, but she was way over the top this last week. When Katy Lee made the breakfast nachos Sunny hovered over them and made it hard for others to eat them. She asked if she could keep the frozen garlic package. )You don't make enough money to buy some?) Did you notice at the end when they dropped the stuffed crows and she acted like she was so mad that Katy Lee had her fingers in her ears? So tired of her noise and interuptions.

Thanks for listening!

cookin