Trusted Contributor

Under the Dome being cancelled!!!

I read in my newspaper where next Thursday will be the end of the show.   I stopped watching it weeks ago because I thought it was just so stupid.  I knew this would happen.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: Under the Dome being cancelled!!!

I admit I stopped watching it, too, and was surprised because in prior summers I'd really enjoyed it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To be perfectly honest, that's fine with me.  I enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but this last has done nothing for me.  I don't know what it is, maybe the whole "Christine, et al" storyline, but I just didn't like it this year.  I had already made up my mind that I'd finish watching this season but wouldn't watch it next year.  Apparently we weren't the only ones that didn't like the way the series was going. 

Respected Contributor

I think we all feel about the same.  At first it was really interesting and different and then they went off in a weird direction and lost us.  Just as well they cancelled.

Valued Contributor

That is too bad but not unexpected. I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons And while I tivo'd it I would always watch it the next day. This season I have at least two at a time sitting in the TiVo. There's something about Christine and her partner and that whole storyline that really, I just cannot get into.

Trusted Contributor

I was initially intrigued by the concept and really liked it, but lost interest and stopped watching some time ago.  The writing just fizzled and made no sense even in a sci fi context.

Contributor

Hubby and I enjoyed the first season and really didn't care if it came back.  We talked ourselves into trying to watch the second season and stopped after a couple of episodes.  Glad it's over.

Honored Contributor

ajsidney12 wrote:

That is too bad but not unexpected. I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons And while I tivo'd it I would always watch it the next day. This season I have at least two at a time sitting in the TiVo. There's something about Christine and her partner and that whole storyline that really, I just cannot get into.

That's exactly what I found myself doing.  And when I have an episode or two of a program recorded and I find myself choosing to watch reruns of something else instead, I know that it's time to delete that program's recording timer.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVED the first two seasons, this "pod" season is ridiculous.  It came out of nowhere.  Sadly, it is time for this show to end.

Respected Contributor

The first two seasons were good then they totally jumped the shark. Too bad because it was an interesting idea for a story but they just had to make it wackier and wackier and I lost interest.