Respected Contributor

Re: Unbelievable "one hit" songs...Your fav?

@Judaline wrote:

Let Me Go, Lover by Joan Weber. Never heard of her again. It was a huge hit. Trouble was, after it came out, about three famous stars recorded it and I guess she couldn't take it and maybe got out of the business. No idea.

Oh, I remember this song from my childhood. PHENOMENAL.

Thanks for the reminder!

Trusted Contributor

So Happy Together by the Turtles.  First one I thought about was Afternoon Delight which someone else mentioned.

Honored Contributor

Gogi Grant had a #1 hit, The Wayward Wind, back in the 50's.  She died recently at age 91.  Loved her voice.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marzi 1

They used to play at the Grand Hotel by Disneyland before and after they had that hit.  

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

There are a few silly ones that I remember:

One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater by "Sheb" Wooley - (1958)  it was #1 for about a month and in 1988 the movie with a cast including Neil Patrick Harris, Ned Beatty and Shelley Winters.

Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett and Leonard L. Capizzi (1962)

The Little Blue Man by Betty Johnson (1958) Petula Clark also sang it .... the web shows that Doris Day also sang this song, but I could find anything with her, although Betty Johnson does have that same kind of voice, Doris Day could be mistaken for Betty.

@mzlg*****SO LOVE  Monster Mash and Purple People Eater!  You must be a delightful person to even think of those!  

Thanks for the smiles!

Honored Contributor

Remember this one from the 80's?  

I'd drive to the school where I taught and this would come on!

T'pau  Heart And Soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGmLfS0un5Y

Trusted Contributor

@hellokitty Omg! I'd forgotten all about that! When did it come out? I really like it😀

Honored Contributor

@nrm wrote:

@hellokitty Omg! I'd forgotten all about that! When did it come out? I really like it.

It said 1987.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@ECBG  Oh, that's a really easy one for me.  I still get goosebumps and all psycho on the rare occasion they play, "Spirit in the Sky," by Norman Greenbaum.  Wish I had the recording (I had the 45 rpm when it first came out)!

@2blonde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIcX57vYDI

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@ECBG  Oh, that's a really easy one for me.  I still get goosebumps and all psycho on the rare occasion they play, "Spirit in the Sky," by Norman Greenbaum.  Wish I had the recording (I had the 45 rpm when it first came out)!

Me too @2blonde!  Spirit in the Sky was the first 45 I ever bought!!!

@redwingsgal  Sorry it took so long for me to read your post.......That's really funny that we both had that 45 rpm.  We're probably about the same age........it's a wonder we can remember back that far!  Cat Very Happy

Laura loves cats!