Respected Contributor

Ugh,,,,reruns and Christmas programming til January or Feb.

I will be getting a lot of reading done...

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh,,,,reruns and Christmas programming til January or Feb.

Reading is a nice thing to do. I don't mind Christmas programming and every now and then, there is a rerun of something I had not yet seen. Sometimes I have to remind myself that listening to music is another option to TV viewing.
Respected Contributor

Perhaps a part-time volunteer job will give you something else to do.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I hear you.  I feel I watch too much tv all year.  This is a great time to read.

Esteemed Contributor

I really hate Christmas programs, too. Fortunately, with about 5000 channels, I can usually find something that's not holiday related. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@chiclet  I'll be watching old shows like Law and Order, clearing my DVR.

I get bored watching new re-runs because I watch so many shows now, it's still too new.

My late husband loved everything to do with Christmas.  It was a lot of work for me (dinner parties of as many as 60 people, etc).

I do like the way people seem to be nicer.

Honored Contributor

I'm not much for christmas programming either, unless it's just a holiday type episode of a given sitcom or drama.  

But I find that there is still a TON of new programming at any given time these days.    All shows don't have the same season like they used to.

Well, if you only have network channels, however, I could see how it could be boring.  But if you have cable the choices are tremendous.  I also have all the premium channels and now that many of them have original programming shows it's nice.  Something is always running.  Smiley Happy

I'm kind of hoping I can see some reruns to catch up on the shows that aired on Nov 10, when our cable went out for the rest of the day, night, and the next morning.  I still am missing the 11/10 episode of three sitcoms.  The thing I dislike about network shows is that the episodes don't re-air.  I was able to find airings of all the cable shows I missed, just not the network ones.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I don't watch that much TV (reading is my top priority) so it doesn't matter to me what's being shown.

In fact, I'm going to go read right now. . .