Honored Contributor

Tried to like the new show, Bull, however...

I'm done.  Four episodes and each one is worse than the one before.  I really love Michael Weatherly, and according to CBS it's the #1 new drama -- best wishes to him.  But no more for me.

It's as if the only premise of the show is to demonstrate how smart Dr. Bull is, while coincidentally there's a murder and a trial along for the ride.  The attorneys are all written as either bumpkins or exceptionally inexperienced -- who cannot win a case without the brilliant Dr. Bull.  Really, Dr. Phil?!!  Last night's episode was the final straw.  The real murderer wasn't even revealed until the last 2 minutes in a ridiculous confession that happened off screen, and of course Bull receives the entire fee anyway.  Anti-climactic?  Lazy writing? Plus, that final argument -- not one person on the jury connected the dots of what just happened in the elevator, with Dr. Bull in there with them, to the words read by the attorney??  

It's drama that has absolutely no drama at all.  It's merely an ego trip for Dr. Phil.  Boring, predictable, and bad writing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tried to like the new show, Bull, however...

We never got past the first epoisode

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I have to agree with you.  I've been trying to like the show for four episodes now and it's just not working. 

Trusted Contributor

same here. i was so looking forward to it, then i pretty much got bored with the first episode. more bored by the second episode, deleted series recording before the third episode. though i do like the agents who replaced him on ncis, i wish he would just go back to that show if it was possible. i don't think bull will run for long. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well Bull is Dr Phil's story prior to being discovered by Oprah when she used him during her trial, and then having her back him on his own talk show; and his son is the executive producer.  So I really didn't expect much.....and I didn't get it.  I watched the 1st and the 2nd and then it dropped off my radar.

As to Weatherly; I'm with you @freakygirl!  He was SO much better on NCIS; the show "team" worked better for me with him there, as well.  The new agents (especially Valderella) just don't seem like a unit; it's all scattered now.

Weatherly said when he announced he was leaving NCIS that he wanted to be at home with his kids; didn't want to continue the daily show grind after all the years on NCIS --- then he thought Bull was "too great an opportunity to pass up"???  Really???

Respected Contributor

I lasted a whole 10 minutes on the first episode and bailed.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am still watching, however am getting ready to remove it from my DVR "season pass."  Yep, it is a homage to the legend in his own mind, Dr. Phil. 

What got me with this week's episode is the fact that I think Bull in the elevator was jury tampering. 

I am sure that Dr. Phil lost cases, but so far, Dr. Bull (who is always introduced as Dr. Jason Bull, rather than just Jason Bull...how narcissitic) has not lost a case.  Really????

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I am still watching, however am getting ready to remove it from my DVR "season pass."  Yep, it is a homage to the legend in his own mind, Dr. Phil. 

What got me with this week's episode is the fact that I think Bull in the elevator was jury tampering. 

I am sure that Dr. Phil lost cases, but so far, Dr. Bull (who is always introduced as Dr. Jason Bull, rather than just Jason Bull...how narcissitic) has not lost a case.  Really????

@MamaWick

Narcisstic?    Seriously?   I don't see anything wrong with any doctor being addressed as doctor in a professional setting.   Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

This is one of the few shows we've seen lately that hasn't been done before .... it's a new concept, although it's fairly common in the world of litigation.

I think the idea is a good one  ..... I just can't stand Dr Phil, so as much as I like Michael Weatherly and would like to see his new show succeed, I have a little "Dr Phil" resistance.  lol

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely LOVE the show!  I think Michael Weatherly would be good in anything he's in.  I so so miss him on NCIS -- thank goodness I can see him on Bull!!

Esteemed Contributor

Got through 2   1/2 shows.....took it off my DVR.....LOVE

Michael Weatherly....think there is a better character for him to play out there somewhere...but this isn't it.....He was great in NCIS................he would do better as a love/hate

character w/humor added in.............I think NBC says the shows are #1 hits of the Season about a few of their newer shows......doubt from alot of what i have read this show is a true "hit"