Honored Contributor

This isn't a new series, it is on Hulu, there are two seasons ( season one 7 episodes season two had 6). It stars Elizabeth Moss, as a detective, it was filmed in New Zealand. It is mostly a cast of unknown actors to me, Holly Hunter had a role in season one, Nicole Kidman was in season two ( looking very unglamorous). The first season dealt with a missing pregnant 12 year old girl. The second season dealt with the murder of a young woman of Asian descent working as a prostitute ( more of a sex slave, sex trafficking). I liked season two better than one. I have wanted to see this series since I saw Elizabeth Moss in The Handmaid's Tale.

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Of The Lake

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 : 

Since you're a fan of hers (I am, too), be sure to watch "Shirley" on Hulu. 

The movie is about American writer Shirley Jackson.

It also stars the great actor Michael Stuhlbarg ("Call Me by Your Name", etc.).

film:  

https://www.hulu.com/movie/shirley-8d91e614-689d-4933-ac70-aed3c34df32b

reviews:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/movies/shirley-review.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/shirley-movie-review-elisabeth-moss-1008314/

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

This isn't a new series, it is on Hulu, there are two seasons ( season one 7 episodes season two had 6). It stars Elizabeth Moss, as a detective, it was filmed in New Zealand. It is mostly a cast of unknown actors to me, Holly Hunter had a role in season one, Nicole Kidman was in season two ( looking very unglamorous). The first season dealt with a missing pregnant 12 year old girl. The second season dealt with the murder of a young woman of Asian descent working as a prostitute ( more of a sex slave, sex trafficking). I liked season two better than one. I have wanted to see this series since I saw Elizabeth Moss in The Handmaid's Tale.

@Jordan2 

I stumbled across the series when it aired on the Sundance Channel.  Watched for a few minutes then couldn't stop watching.

Definitely worth the watch.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

I stumbled across the series when it aired on the Sundance Channel.  Watched for a few minutes then couldn't stop watching.

@just bee did you see both seasons? Like I said I liked season two better than one.

Frequent Contributor

Enjoyed it very much.  Added Shirley to my list when I first saw the previews.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

@just bee did you see both seasons? Like I said I liked season two better than one.

@Jordan2 

I did.  Liked both.  Really liked seeing New Zealand and Australia.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~