Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef Season 14 Episode 14 Finale *Spoilers*

@LoriLori wrote:

Great points, @gardenman.  Thanks, I get it now.

I'm doubled over with laughter at your post.  Wish you'd do a daily post on anything that strikes your fancy, or have a blog.  What a gem of a post, hilarious!

I have this pet theory that all of our brains are like wild mustangs running free when we're children then over the years they get tamed and a jockey hops on preventing our minds from running wild. Now some people (Robin Williams being one example) have their jockey just give up and wander off leaving his mind running wild all of the time. My jockey is usually pretty good at controlling my mind, but from time to time he takes a day off and today's sort of an off day for my mind's jockey and it's running a bit wild. It can lead to some off topic posts, but there's nothing wrong with that. At least not to me. Some of the forum police in the world hate deviation however. I get the impression their mind's jockey is glued in place. Mine wanders off from time to time and that's fine with me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman, I wanted to be clever and respond to your clever post with the word for killing a jockey or a mustang but no such word exists.  They have a word for killing a wasp ("vespicide") and for killing parasitic intestinal worms ("vermicide") but no word for killing a horse or jockey LOL.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman, I wanted to be clever and respond to your clever post with the word for killing a jockey or a mustang but no such word exists.  They have a word for killing a wasp ("vespicide") and for killing parasitic intestinal worms ("vermicide") but no word for killing a horse or jockey LOL.

It's an amazing list, isn't it? Who knew there were so many words for killing things? I probably should bookmark that list. It could come in handy sometime. It's amazing what you can find when you Google stuff. I figured there had to be a word for killing a child who wasn't an infant, but my mind went blank, so I Googled it and found that list. Now if I could find out what a computor is and why I'd have to kill nine of them for it to earn a name, I'll be happy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Next season will be in Colorado.  Denver, Teluride, etc.

Should be interesting.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Next season will be in Colorado.  Denver, Teluride, etc.

Should be interesting.

Thanks for letting me know.  The one that just ended was just underwhelming for me.  I knew Brooke would win and not wasn't happy about it.