Trusted Contributor

Top Chef Season 14 Episode 12 *Spoliers*

The finals kick off in Mexico with the chefs creating a meal using goat. Later, they must pair their own unique cocktail with a dish that incorporates the distinct taste of a margarita. Appearing: Richard Blais, Francisco Ruano and Ray Garcia.

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef Season 14 Episode 12 *Spoliers*

Just a quick observation as I watch. Those tiny little strings holding up Padma's top strikes me as something that would feel like they were cutting you in half in a short period of time.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

very interesting scene at the tequila factory. interesting seeing the agave and how it has to be cut.

i would love to see more of these types of scenes on top chef.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

very interesting scene at the tequila factory. interesting seeing the agave and how it has to be cut.

i would love to see more of these types of scenes on top chef.

It was interesting. I'm pretty sure you couldn't open a factory like that here however. Watching them put the large pieces of agave between their legs and then splitting them with that giant ax-like tool would have OSHA  shutting the place down in a heartbeat. 

A pretty good show last night. I was happy with the LCK winner who came back. I was also happy to see John and Katsuji get paired up for the elimination challenge. That was a match that was just perfect for reality TV. John did his best to work with Katsuji, but Katsuji was still carrying a grudge. You could just see the matchmaker drooling at the prospect of teaming those two up. And now we're down to the final three and I've still got two favorites left in the comp.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Jack Daniels factory in Tennessee is interesting.  You are allowed to get right up on the large barrels.

When you leave, you want a shot of whiskey in the worst way.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Any one of the remaining three are worthy of winning. How many times have I been disappointed that someone who skated by, but just happened to have one or two great meals at the right time, go on to the finals? All great chefs. Love Sheldon for his personality, but I'm fine with anyone winning.

It would have made me angry if John stayed, given it was only Katsuji's contribution to the margarita that the judges liked.
Esteemed Contributor

Yay Brooke!!!!  I was so glad she won LCK and then came back and won the quick fire and the challenge.  She's been my pick since the first episode and I hope she's not peaking one episode too early.  I was glad that Tesar was sent packing....long overdue!

I'm not a fan, nor ever have been, of Richard Blais.  He just has too much ego for me.  I was never that impressed with his chef skills (yeah, I know, I never actually tasted anything) on his two seasons.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Any one of the remaining three are worthy of winning. How many times have I been disappointed that someone who skated by, but just happened to have one or two great meals at the right time, go on to the finals? All great chefs. Love Sheldon for his personality, but I'm fine with anyone winning.

It would have made me angry if John stayed, given it was only Katsuji's contribution to the margarita that the judges liked.

John's been largely living on borrowed time since week one. He's only won one challenge the whole season and that was the elimination challenge in week five for his mac and cheese in the team bar bq elimination. If his team hadn't won, he'd have not won then. In five of the last six weeks he's been on the bottom.

Brooke's now won three quickfires and three elimination challenges and Last Chance Kitchen. Shirley's won two elimination challenges. and Sheldon's won three quickfires and one elimination challenge. John's record just didn't match up to the rest. Sylva and Casey probably both deserved a spot in the final four more than John, but John got there over them. His time was up though.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!