Trusted Contributor

Top Chef S14 Ep. 8 *Spoliers*

The iconic Restaurant Wars challenge features the chefs dividing into teams to design a restaurant and create a cohesive menu, but the heat is on when egos collide and tempers flare. Appearing: chef Daniel Humm and restaurateur Will Guidara.

I have not watched this episode yet. I am not sure when I will have a chance wanted to get it started.

I am so tired I first posted this in the wrong area, Smiley Happy

Hopefully, I will get caught up this weekend.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef S14 Ep. 8 *Spoliers*

It was a good episode. There was no debate over which team won. It wasn't even close to being close. One side ran like a well-oiled machine with excellent food, while the other side failed in nearly every way imaginable. It was kind of funny with the team with the most time to prepare having the most trouble.

I was pleased in that the two chefs I like the most came through the show in good shape.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I just caught up on Last Chance Kitchen and I was surprised that the latest dismissed cook got the boot. I thought they'd keep him around for a showdown with his main rival in a week or two.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm happy with both TC and LCK results.

Onward!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

i am not THAT happy with the result of restaurant wars.

i prefer when both teams do very well and the teams are very close.

this was just pretty much a disaster for one team. you could see it coming a mile away.

not sure i agree with the chef who was ousted. hard to believe that the chef that made their favorite dish on that team was up for elimination.....and pretty much the only dish they all seemed to like.  i think i would have preferred that the other trouble maker leave. LOL

all caught up on last chance kitchen. those quick challenges have all been pretty tight. i am a little surprised as to who is still around.

thanks @lenapecci for starting the thread.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/smiley-chef-13042704.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think it was a close call between John and Katsuji over who would go home. I think Casey thought it was going to be her. She looked very nervous at the reveal of who was going home, but she performed well and wasn't seriously considered. Katsuji wanting to be the hero and cook four dishes probably cooked his goose.

I really thought they'd end up keeping Katsuji in Last Chance Kitchen to set up a head to head cooking showdown with John in a week or two when/if John gets the boot. (And I think he will.) That would have been kind of impressive to watch, but no. Katsuji will be watching from the sidelines. He can't even rejoin the finale now. A John/Katsuji head to head showdown will have to wait until they come back another season. Pity!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Katsuji can be one of the chefs back to help for the finale.  And no one wants him so it will be funny to see who gets stuck with him.

The interesting thing with this RW was that they didn't have to do much with the space, it was really just about food, name and front of the house.  I prefer the ones where they have to decorate and everything.  It adds another element and makes it more "their" restaurant.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

LOL @gardenman i think that will be called TOP CHEF: RIVALS . actually, not a bad idea!

casey got lucky that her too simple dish and her lack of attention to the front of the house was overshadowed by the john/katsuji mess. i do agree that katsuji should not have tried four dishes. he should have stuck with one or two.

no team had a signature drink either, did they?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Katsuji can be one of the chefs back to help for the finale.  And no one wants him so it will be funny to see who gets stuck with him.

The interesting thing with this RW was that they didn't have to do much with the space, it was really just about food, name and front of the house.  I prefer the ones where they have to decorate and everything.  It adds another element and makes it more "their" restaurant.

@VaBelle35

i agree.....no running around trying to find plates, decor, knick knacks. the only thing that i noticed that was different was the artwork and the menus.

the second team even kept the benches that someone was complaining about when the first group served (cant remember who commented on that?)

katsuji has GREAT knife and prep skills. i think he is an excellent chef, but has a hard time editing and working well with others. did you know he was also on top chef mexico? i happened to catch a few episodes within the past year or so.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know there was a TC Mexico.  Interesting.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN