Esteemed Contributor

To all AGT fans, Grace on Ellen DeGeneres

A day or two ago Ellen DeGeneres had Grace the winner of AGT as a guest on her three o'clock show.  She looked adorable and was wearing a lovely dress.  That is where they should have left it.

Grace got up to sing along with her famous Ukulele and as hard as I listened, without a doubt I could not understand one word.  And to prove it, I have closed caption on my TV set and it didn't pick up one word, not one.  Whenever anyone sings the closed caption picks up the words.  So there was this cute girl strumming away and singing and all I got out of it was the sound of the Ukulele and a voice, no words.

What happens when she is on stage in Las Vegas and people who paid to see her can't understand what she is singing?  This by far was the worst contestant to win that show.  A few people I know swear it was rigged , who knows.  I am definitely going to purchase recordings by Brian Justin Crum who I thought should have won hands down.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Re: To all AGT fans, Grace on Ellen DeGeneres

I agree with you. She's a nice, cute girl but there were so many others who actually were talented.  It seems as if the judges really tried to sway people and convince us she should win. I may be wrong but don't see a future star here.

And who wants to see a child performer in Las Vegas?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with both of you....a very poor choice to win...how is that young girl going be the headliner for a major show in Vegas...

I, too, can't understand her...there were so many others that would have been a better "fit" for Vegas....shame that the judges swayed the voters...

Frequent Contributor

Although Grace was not my first choice, she did win. There was less than a 1% vote difference among the top 3. Grace was truly the only amateur contestant of the top 3. The other 2 have performed around the world --- so the competition was strong. Perhaps Grace's voice does not project well on TV. She was a "Golden Buzzer Winner" & received standiing ovations after every performance, so some heard what we could not. I do not see how the show could have been "rigged" & why it would have been done. The show would not benefit more by Grace winning. She will headline a show in Las Vegas for 3 days. There are afternoon & early evening shows. Not every show must be adult entertainment. Many families vacation in Las Vegas. I would like to see AGT have 2 talents shows: one with contestants 18+ yrs. old for the Las Vegas venue & a second contest for contestants under the age of 18. The winner of the second group would win a scholarship to enhance their talent.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Honored Contributor

I have said this before....a lot of people can sing.....carry a tune....few can sing clearly and that is what separates the Barbra Streisands from the others.  This little girl is cute, like Taylor swift. If they both did not have the cute factor.....they both would not be famous. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe not fixed, but swayed.  From Simon's The next Taylor Swift comment repeated at each performance to Howie's Golden Buzzer, i believe the intent was to catch the tween viewing market and all the social media buzz that would make for the show.  It worked.  I split my votes among my favorites.  Wont do that next time, because that kept the race tight.  I will pick one and support that act on each of my devices.  That is what the kids did.  Lesson learned.  She is cute, her songs are rife with angst and i could hear nothing clearly when she performed on AGT.

Just listened to the I Dont Know My Name  performance on Ellen on You Tube and this is the first time that i could understand all of the words clearly.  She is adorable and did a great imitation of Simon.  Hope her head doesnt get too big.  Still wouldnt have voted for her.

Respected Contributor

I saw Grace on Ellen.  My ears.