Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show - SPOILERS!!! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

I like the show, but it's not as fantastic to me as it seems to be for most others.  If I wasn't so curious about when/how Jack died, I may have quit watching by now.

Honored Contributor

If the family is from Pittsburgh and William lived in the same apartment when Randall found him and Rebecca visited him, where was the cat he was feeding?  He said he spent 6 hours round trip on the bus.  Northern NJ and Pittsburgh are farther apart than a 3 hour bus ride.

I thought it was beyond rude for parents to laugh at an Afro-American Snow White.  If the wife is on the school board, the school community is more than familiar with this family and their children.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

If the family is from Pittsburgh and William lived in the same apartment when Randall found him and Rebecca visited him, where was the cat he was feeding?  He said he spent 6 hours round trip on the bus.  Northern NJ and Pittsburgh are farther apart than a 3 hour bus ride.

I thought it was beyond rude for parents to laugh at an Afro-American Snow White.  If the wife is on the school board, the school community is more than familiar with this family and their children.

We learned in an earlier episode that William lived in Philadelphia. Randall and his family are in Northern NJ, so that explains the 3-hour one way trip William has to feed his cat. Rebecca and Miguel moved to the same area to be close to their grandchildren. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

We learned in an earlier episode that William lived in Philadelphia. Randall and his family are in Northern NJ, so that explains the 3-hour one way trip William has to feed his cat. Rebecca and Miguel moved to the same area to be close to their grandchildren. Smiley Happy

I never knew Wm lives in Philly

Honored Contributor

I was thinking about this show last night after I'd posted here.  I so admire this (or these) writers.  If you pay close attention you realize all of the twists and turns it takes.

Here's an example...Initially I thought the Father was perhaps a philanderer and not a good Dad because she'd gotten rid of him (this is what I thought).

But then last night in the upcoming show we learn that she initially did not want any children and he is the one who wanted children.  It was something she was insistent about (and he was just as insistent that he WANTED children).  Obviously, they must have made some kind of compromise because she did get pregnant with three children and it didn't just HAPPEN.  But I totally misjudged the situation.  Just when I think she is the Mother Teresa of mothers, they throw in something like I just said about next week.  We saw last night how she fights (figuratively) for her children (standing up to the African American group at the pool, and even going back to ask where to get the haircut and to play with other children), yet there is another whole side to this woman.

I can't wait to discover these people.  I want to know them better, (i.e. how did they get together (two opposites), how and why they were willing to change for each other, how they had such different opinions of the races at a time when it was a touchy subject to have a black kid live in a white household) things like that.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the show and thought it was very good.  I wanted to go slap those little evil girls who hurt Kate's feelings.  I've seen girls like that when I was working in the elementary school where I worked.  Ughhh!

You know, @Annabellethecat66, I gave Melissa McCarthy another look.  I think she might be wearing a fat suit after all.  Isn't she the one selling clothes on HSN?  Melissa just lost a ton of weight and she doesn't have all of that fat in her middle anymore.  Still not skinny but not near that fat.

What I really like about this show is not it's a serious show with bits of humor and there's no killing or wife/husband swapping going on.

Next week, I'll be out of town but I hope to watch it online again before the following episode comes on.  This is a watch every week show.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Did Kate and Kevin live together? I assume Randall's father still lives in Pitts when he found him.

It was nice to see Sterling K Browns real life wife last night, they also appeared together on Army Wives.

@Shelbelle, was she the mom who recommended the barber?  I'd forgotten she was going to be on so didn't pay attention.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, the actress that plays Kate is Chrissy Metz.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I just watched the show and thought it was very good.  I wanted to go slap those little evil girls who hurt Kate's feelings.  I've seen girls like that when I was working in the elementary school where I worked.  Ughhh!

You know, @Annabellethecat66, I gave Melissa McCarthy another look.  I think she might be wearing a fat suit after all.  Isn't she the one selling clothes on HSN?  Melissa just lost a ton of weight and she doesn't have all of that fat in her middle anymore.  Still not skinny but not near that fat.

What I really like about this show is not it's a serious show with bits of humor and there's no killing or wife/husband swapping going on.

Next week, I'll be out of town but I hope to watch it online again before the following episode comes on.  This is a watch every week show.

Are you assuming Kate is being played by Melissa McCarthy? Kate is being played by Chrissy Metz.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Kate is not played by Melissa McCarthy.  You know that right?  @stevieb is right.