Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show - SPOILERS!!! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

When I saw the promos for This is Us, I thought it was a comedy and looked dumb. It looked like Modern Family which I watched most of the first year and hated  (I know I’m in the minority).    I would never have checked This is Us out if people hadn’t posted on FB about it, saying how good it is. I watched the first 3 episodes the other afternoon and really like it.  I’ll keep watching for sure.    

I hope they keep it around for a while.  Glad to hear they are at least committed to this year.  I like Designated Survivor too.  I've already deleted a few from my DVR.   Bull is one .   It's too predictable.  Madame Secretary too.  I don't like shows where the main character always comes up with some brilliant scheme to save the day.  

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I missed most of the second episode -- how does Rebecca know William?  I saw the flashback to when she goes to see him but didn't know how she found him in the first place?

I thought the first episode was great but I'm not sure the remaining episodes will be able to be quite as good, just because of the whole ending of episode one.  So well done!

@sueinsf  In the second episode Rebecca sees William get on a bus after watching her with the babies at the hospital.  Rebecca gets on the same bus in the next episode and asks the bus driver about him.  He takes her to where William lives.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I missed most of the second episode -- how does Rebecca know William?  I saw the flashback to when she goes to see him but didn't know how she found him in the first place?

I thought the first episode was great but I'm not sure the remaining episodes will be able to be quite as good, just because of the whole ending of episode one.  So well done!

@sueinsf  In the second episode Rebecca sees William get on a bus after watching her with the babies at the hospital.  Rebecca gets on the same bus in the next episode and asks the bus driver about him.  He takes her to where William lives.

I saw her get on the bus and ask the driver in the next episode but didn't see her see him in the second episode.  Thanks @NickNackSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm sticking with the show as long as ABC decides to keep it on the air. Gotta get my Justin Hartley fix!

He is one fine man. 

dee

Honored Contributor

Chrissy Metz was on The View today.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I'm sticking with the show as long as ABC decides to keep it on the air. Gotta get my Justin Hartley fix!

He is one fine man. 

dee

NBC, dont want anyone to look for it on the wrong channel!!

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

He is one fine man. 

dee

I read an article about this show in Entertainment Weekly & the guys that were doing the casting said of Justin Hartley, "How can someone that F*#@ing good looking be funny?!"

Honored Contributor

No real twist tonight, although it looks like we might have a possible pregnancy for Beth . I was surprised. It was still an amazing show!

They're developing the characters. We learned where Kevin's insecurity comes from, and how he hates being away from Kate. We saw the first meeting of Rebecca and Yvette (played by Ryan Michelle Bathe, Sterling K. Brown's wife IRL).

We learned Toby used to be thin, and although Kate thought his ex-wife was so nice, he had a horrible marriage and she cheated on him and drained his bank account. 

@lulu2 - Did Chrissy Metz say anything about upcoming episodes? 

Honored Contributor

My friends and this board have convinced me to watch this. I really like it. It was so cute when the chubby gal in the bikini flauted herself all over the place, then got put down and her dad told her a story and cheered her up and it was just so touching. Pardon my ignorance, but is the father Justin Hartley?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No @Judaline.  The father is Milo Ventimiglia.  (I only know that because I loved him in Gilmore Girls, just as I do in this show).

Justin Hartley is Kevin, the actor brother.  

edited to add:  I never heard of Justin Hartley before this show, but apparently a lot of other posters have.  Seems he's very popular!  Woman Happy