Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show - SPOILERS!!! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

I don't have a problem with Miguel at all, but Toby creeps me out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't Miguel have something going on with that woman that was his assistant at the office?...She also tried to make a move on Jack while he was in Miguel's office...How dare she!...I wanted to smack her!...lol...I forget which episode that was?...I am thinking that Shelly may have found out about them and left Miguel...I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that he is now with Rebecca...It's going to be a hard sell to get me to like him.

As far as Toby, I've always thought that he and Kate made a great couple together and that they would be good support for each other but, as time goes on and after reading how others don't care for him all that much, I find that he is starting to annoy me now also...lol

@beach-mom....Thanks for the great previews, as always, very interesting!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Yeah, as it went on, I found Toby to be less and less appealing. Granted, physically, he doesn't appeal to me at all (and, let's face it - that is always part of it).  

But one thing that made him really super skeevy to me was when he showed up at the house, where the whole family was there celebrating - was it Christmas? - and he was just all 'let's go upstairs and have s*x'.   That was just pretty awful.  No class, for sure, but I would be embarrassed by that kind of behavior and probably have a hard time facing the rest of the people after that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt...I read that Toby is actually wearing a "fat suit" and isn't really that heavy in "real life"?...There are a few "This Is Us" threads going on, so I'm not sure which one I read it on...It was also stated that he didn't originally want to wear it, as he questioned why his character had to necessarily be heavy in order to be attracted to Kate....something in that regard...It was interesting.

eta:...I just found the post on "Jordan2's This Is Us" thread...a few posts down.

Honored Contributor

wildflowers wrote:

@chickenbutt...I read that Toby is actually wearing a "fat suit" and isn't really that heavy in "real life"?...There are a few "This Is Us" threads going on, so I'm not sure which one I read it on...It was also stated that he didn't originally want to wear it, as he questioned why his character had to necessarily be heavy in order to be attracted to Kate....something in that regard...It was interesting.

eta:...I just found the post on "Jordan2's This Is Us" thread...a few posts down.

Yes, interesting stuff for sure.   I like hearing behind the scenes stuff.  Smiley Happy

As to the story, I can totally see how they would have him also be overweight so I don't think it was frivolous or anything.

Initially, I was certain that SHE was wearing a 'fat suit', so I was surprised that she wasn't.  

Looking forward to new episode.  It's tonight, I think?    (good thing Tivo knows. hehe)

Honored Contributor

I'll post on here because it says spoilers and my mouth is too big otherwise....

I also read that about the actor who plays Toby (that he wears a fat suit).

I also found this:http://ew.com/article/2016/11/18/this-us-star-chrissy-metz-weight-loss-contract/

Basically it says this:

This Is Us star Chrissy Metz reveals that weight loss is in her contract

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66....Thanks for posting that very interesting tidbit!

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove - YW! Smiley Happy

WOW - Tonight's episode threw me. We now know the triplets were 15 when Jack died, so he was 51. What I can't figure out is, if he is on Kate's mantle, why was there a ceremony at a cemetary? This may be common - I don't know. 

The twist with Kevin's ex-wife Sophie was great! To me she looked enough like Olivia that I did a double take. DD noticed she was wearing scrubs. He's been in love with her at least since the age of 9, since she was Kate's best friend and was at the triplets' (separate) birthday parties. And he said he fell in love with her the minute he saw her. She hadn't seen him in 12 years, so they must have divorced when they were 24. And now there's hope!

I love how the show interjects humor. I'm a Toby fan, and it looks like his encounter with Duke (the horse guy) is going to be fun!

Chrissy Metz has been back and forth on if weight loss is part of her contract. On November 16 she gave an interview and said it was, then on December 3 she said it wasn't! 

"But while chatting with PEOPLE at the 102.7 KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball in Los Angeles’ Staples Center on Friday, Metz clarified her previous comments.

“It wasn’t mandated in the contract, and I probably — if I ever said the word contract, I didn’t mean it in that way,” she said. “I was pitched that the trajectory of Kate is that she’s going to lose weight. That is who and what’s going on.”"

So who knows what the real story is? Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the guy who plays Toby on a talk show and he wears a fat suit that puts 150 lbs on him.   Here is a link to a pic of him from the People's Choice Awards.  

I am also not a fan of his at all...not the character nor the guy.  I don't know what it is about him.

http://www.eonline.com/photos/20012/people-s-choice-awards-2017-red-carpet-arrivals/737799

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom - Thanks for posting the link! I'm probably the only one here who likes Toby, but I've never before seen Chris Sullivan as he really is!

Theory on Jack's death: The clues are coming. A lot of people think it was alcohol related, either a heart attack or stroke. They think Jack had a relapse and started drinking heavily again. When Milo and Mandy say we will love Miguel after Episode 15, it might be because he takes care of Jack and protects him somehow. They also said there was also a clue when Kate urged Toby to have the surgery. 

IDK about any of this yet. I do know he died when he was about 51 (some are saying 61, but he couldn't have been that old since they showed the TEEN actors playing the triplets at 15).