Honored Contributor

Re: This is Us TV show - SPOILERS!!! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate.... well that would explain it, lol.  Gosh they look alike to me.  Thanks, Pal

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Big boo boo on my part, lol.  I definitely thought they were the same lady!!  Thanks, Ladies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I was thinking about this show last night after I'd posted here.  I so admire this (or these) writers.  If you pay close attention you realize all of the twists and turns it takes.

Here's an example...Initially I thought the Father was perhaps a philanderer and not a good Dad because she'd gotten rid of him (this is what I thought).

But then last night in the upcoming show we learn that she initially did not want any children and he is the one who wanted children.  It was something she was insistent about (and he was just as insistent that he WANTED children).  Obviously, they must have made some kind of compromise because she did get pregnant with three children and it didn't just HAPPEN.  But I totally misjudged the situation.  Just when I think she is the Mother Teresa of mothers, they throw in something like I just said about next week.  We saw last night how she fights (figuratively) for her children (standing up to the African American group at the pool, and even going back to ask where to get the haircut and to play with other children), yet there is another whole side to this woman.

I can't wait to discover these people.  I want to know them better, (i.e. how did they get together (two opposites), how and why they were willing to change for each other, how they had such different opinions of the races at a time when it was a touchy subject to have a black kid live in a white household) things like that.

@Annabellethecat66:

Like many viewers, you had automatically assumed that Jack and Rebecca got divorced.

But of course, it's also very possible that he passed, and that it did not involve his drinking.

I recently read that Jack might have been a police officer promoted to detective.

When we saw him come home from work, and when he was in the bar with his co-worker/partner Miguel, he was in plainclothes.

Also, the kids seem very proud of him (especially Randall), so I'm hoping that if he actually did die, it was in the line of duty and he saved someone's life in the process.

Honored Contributor

i am hoping he is NOT dead......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

justin hartley is on watch what happens live tonight with andy cohen at 11pm et.....bravo tv.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy I don't believe I mentioned the word "divorced".  I said gotten rid of him....I don't know what that means in your family but in mine it means "good bye" it doesn't necessarily mean divorced.  I'd have used that word if I meant it.....

I watched Justin Hartly foor 1/2 hour last night.  It was amazing.  He said he has no idea what is coming up until he sees the script.  So if you do...you're good. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

If the family is from Pittsburgh and William lived in the same apartment when Randall found him and Rebecca visited him, where was the cat he was feeding?  He said he spent 6 hours round trip on the bus.  Northern NJ and Pittsburgh are farther apart than a 3 hour bus ride.

I thought it was beyond rude for parents to laugh at an Afro-American Snow White.  If the wife is on the school board, the school community is more than familiar with this family and their children.

We learned in an earlier episode that William lived in Philadelphia. Randall and his family are in Northern NJ, so that explains the 3-hour one way trip William has to feed his cat. Rebecca and Miguel moved to the same area to be close to their grandchildren. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

Thank you for your reply.  I thought William lived in Philadelphia and since the apartment appeared to be the same one Rebecca visited earlier, I assumed (I know) the base town was Philadelphia and not Pittsburgh. (I didn't pick up on the Pittsburgh clues in the earliest episodes) The length of William'strain ride made sense to Philadelphia and not Pittsburgh.

I believe Jack is dead.  If he were alive, Randall's girls would not be calling Miquel Grandpa.

Cranky suggestion:

Would everyone please make a conscious effort to indicate whether you are posting a SPOILER or your OPINION? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 - I DO think everyone was in Pittsburgh when the movie started, including William. He would have not gone far to leave his baby at a fire station in a city so far away. I think over the years - for reasons we may or may not find out - he ended up in Philadelphia. I think the family stayed in the Pittsburgh area until the children were grown and scattered. Rebecca and Miguel might have been the last ones there. They moved to NJ to be close to their grandkids, according to an interview with Mandy Moore. 

It looks like we're going to see the story of Rebecca and Jack before they were parents next week - I can't wait! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@feline groovy I don't believe I mentioned the word "divorced".  I said gotten rid of him....I don't know what that means in your family but in mine it means "good bye" it doesn't necessarily mean divorced.  I'd have used that word if I meant it.....

I watched Justin Hartly foor 1/2 hour last night.  It was amazing.  He said he has no idea what is coming up until he sees the script.  So if you do...you're good. 

@Annabellethecat66

Hmm...

I actually don't know what may be revealed and prefer it that way.

That's why the article - and my post - said "might".

It seems that Justin's character echoes some of his own life experiences as a very attractive actor - some may have thought he had limited range as well.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Did Kate and Kevin live together? I assume Randall's father still lives in Pitts when he found him.

It was nice to see Sterling K Browns real life wife last night, they also appeared together on Army Wives.

@Shelbelle, was she the mom who recommended the barber?  I'd forgotten she was going to be on so didn't pay attention.

Yes, she was the mom at the pool.