Esteemed Contributor

Re: The remake of the movie Beaches

I agree!...It's difficult to do a great remake of a great movie!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

I can't imagine this will be popular but I've be wrong- look what they did to Grease.

I think once you fall in love with something ( a movie) it always holds a place in your heart. Hard to compete with Bette and Barbara.

Honored Contributor

Isn't this a made for TV movie... Speaks volumes.

I don't think they're capable of an original idea anymore... Then again, neither is the film industry it seems...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I didn't like the movie the first time around, but I loved the song, which to me is all about my beloved, late stepfather. I still cry when I hear the song.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I didn't like the movie the first time around, but I loved the song, which to me is all about my beloved, late stepfather. I still cry when I hear the song.

i think the movie is maybe good to average, but GREAT? no.....it isnt one of those movies i would have to see over and over again.

i would not mind seeing a remake, especially it if is just going to be done on tv.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was also going to post about Beaches remake. Remember the Lifetime remake of Steel Magnolias, could not compare to the original.

Honored Contributor

I won't watch a re-make.  

Since this will be a made for tv remake, this doesn't hold true, but why are they doing it, so they can drop a couple or hundred fbombs?

Respected Contributor

Well the Ghostbusters remake was hysterical and it stands up to the original. I never cared for the first beaches so maybe this will be better. As for Idinas voice she is an awesome singer and Ms. M  would agree. Not like she just broke into the industry she has been on broadway and in movies for years.

Valued Contributor

I think Lifetime movies are generally awful. This remake will most likely fall into that category. Why do people think movies need to be updated for the younger viewers? Classial music and old paintings are revered, why not classic films? Beaches is a chick flick, but still has a loyal following, I guess getting old is a sin now.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never understood the "remakes" of great movies!!  Very rarely are they as good as the original.  Waste of money and effort!!