Honored Contributor

The remake of the movie Beaches

I just saw the previews for it. I wish they would just leave great movies alone and not remake them. They are never as good as the original movie.  The original Beaches movie can not be improved upon. 

http://www.eonline.com/news/822145/why-idina-menzel-was-hesitant-to-join-lifetime-s-beaches-remake

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The remake of the movie Beaches

I totally agree, when I saw the ad on t.v I thought they have got tobe kidding!  I love the original and watch it every time I can catch it on t.v.  Love Bette Midler.

Honored Contributor

The preview has been airing here for a while.  I don't pay much attention to it.  Not sure if it gives a timeline.

Honored Contributor

It's a new interpretation for a younger audience.  The remakes are never as good as the originals but the younger viewers they are intended for never saw the originals and if they did see them, they'd seem old and dated to them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have it set to record, thought I would give it a chance as I like the two actresses, but your all right, the first was soooooooo goood, I fear I might be disappointed!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Oh. So true...especially BEACHES. Leave my memories of a great movie alone. It can't possibly be better. Same w/ DIRTY DANCING and TERMS OF ENDEARMENT. Classics are called classics for a reason. No one has tried to remake GONE WITH THE WIND. Rest my case.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  If I've seen the original, pretty sure I won't be seeing the remake.  It just boils down to $$$$. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I am not watching 

Respected Contributor

Not watching either.  Brian's Song, Love Story, The Way We Were?  Nope, dont touch them.  You just shouldnt mess with the best.

Trusted Contributor

I saw previews with Idina Menzel singing "You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings."  She is no Bette Midler. Then again I have never cared for her so no, I will not watch this remake.