Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Walking Dead- 11/22/15 (spoilers!!)

Spoiler
OK, I am testing this spoiler feature out for the first time. I was very pleased with last nights episode. I so did not want Glen to be dead.  There is never a dull moment on the show because now we have to deal with the church steeple
that fell over and brought down the fence.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ladies!  I was so excited about last night's episode that I tried to post here first thing this morning, but was having laptop issues.  Anyway............ since I repeatedly mention that Glenn is my favorite, I was really glad to see he survived.  It came as a shock because I was sure the writers would make us wait another week to find out his fate, so for us to find out in the first few minutes was really fun.  I even backed up and watched the beginning scene a second time because I was so happy about it.  LOL   So how about Carol following Morgan and that doctor lady?  She cracks me up; she's one determined lady and she's not going to let anybody get in her way.  You go, Carol.  

Looks like the episode next week is going to be exciting and fast paced.

Did anyone watch The Talking Dead last night?  At one point, they flashed on the screen "we're glad that Glenn is alive" (or something to that effect).  Then a second later the words "for now" came up.  Yikes.  I wasn't happy with that.  Hoping that didn't really mean anything!

Honored Contributor

Hi @Citrine1

I agree with you about Carol.  I hope we see a lot of her next week -- in action!  I also hope we see more people survive next week than even seems possible with that tower having fallen.  

I don't take too seriously everything they say when they get into "clever" mode on The Talking Dead.  That being said, I hope Glenn stays alive for a really long time!  

And did you hear that the actress who plays Maggie said she thinks that people will be giving "Glenn" green balloons from now on?  I thought that was sweet.    

@icezeus  Good job with the spoiler.  I'm glad it's working well for you.

I wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving.  I'm going to make French roast chicken and braised Swiss chard with honey-roasted garlic.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, I always appreciate your point of view (well, I guess I always agree with your point of view - hahaha).  I'm sure you're right about The Talking Dead incident.  

Your dinner sounds delicious.  I've never had swiss chard, which is funny because I really like vegetables and I like to try new foods.  I'll have to try it sometime.  I'll be going to my sisters house, so no cooking for me.  Yay!  Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all who read these posts! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I just read an article this morning (Wall St. Journal) saying that those football players who are fans of the show don't like it when games and the show are on close together in time (whether they're playing or just watching a game).  They like earlier-in-the-day games so they can be well-rested by the time The Walking Dead comes on!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

There's been alot of chatter about Maggie dying next week, so how ironic would that be if that happened after what we dealt with with Glen?  I read somewhere that if you think about it, Hershel and the other daughter were both killed at the mid-season finale episodes, if that means anything...  I fully expect someone is going to go down, but I have no guesses as to who that might be.  I don't read the comics or spoilers because I want to be surprised.  I loved that they put Glen's story at the very beginning of the last episode, because I think it made for quite a build up throughout to see if he was going to make it back to Alexandria.  I can't stand Enid and would like to see her go - enough already with her smart alecky way.  That other kid with the gun behind Carl, I want to see him go as well because I don't see any redeeming qualities in the kid.  It would be nice for Carl to have a friend his own age, but Carl seems like so much more of a man than a boy at this point.  I hope Carol kills Morgan's Wolf and puts an end to that storyline.   

Let's face it, anything can happen in this upcoming episode, and I think it's going to be exciting whatever it is!

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach

No thank you, for showing me how to use the spoiler feature.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

There's been alot of chatter about Maggie dying next week, so how ironic would that be if that happened after what we dealt with with Glen?  I read somewhere that if you think about it, Hershel and the other daughter were both killed at the mid-season finale episodes, if that means anything...  I fully expect someone is going to go down, but I have no guesses as to who that might be.  I don't read the comics or spoilers because I want to be surprised.  I loved that they put Glen's story at the very beginning of the last episode, because I think it made for quite a build up throughout to see if he was going to make it back to Alexandria.  I can't stand Enid and would like to see her go - enough already with her smart alecky way.  That other kid with the gun behind Carl, I want to see him go as well because I don't see any redeeming qualities in the kid.  It would be nice for Carl to have a friend his own age, but Carl seems like so much more of a man than a boy at this point.  I hope Carol kills Morgan's Wolf and puts an end to that storyline.   

Let's face it, anything can happen in this upcoming episode, and I think it's going to be exciting whatever it is!

Well, well, well!  This is very interesting to me............I haven't heard any talk at all of Maggie dying; boy, that would be a real shocker (well, not so much now LOL).  Maybe that whole Glenn thing was just to throw us off, you know, we thought Glenn was dead then, after weeks of worry, gave a sigh of relief that he was alive and then BAM Maggie goes.  Hmmmm.  That sounds like something the writers would do.  Poor Glenn finds his way back only to have that happen.  Gee, I'm really curious as to what will happen now.

And I so agree with you on all your other points!  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Shogirl wrote:

Well, well, well!  This is very interesting to me............I haven't heard any talk at all of Maggie dying; boy, that would be a real shocker (well, not so much now LOL).  Maybe that whole Glenn thing was just to throw us off, you know, we thought Glenn was dead then, after weeks of worry, gave a sigh of relief that he was alive and then BAM Maggie goes.  Hmmmm.  That sounds like something the writers would do.  Poor Glenn finds his way back only to have that happen.  Gee, I'm really curious as to what will happen now.

And I so agree with you on all your other points!  

If they are following the actual graphic comics then Maggie being killed off would make no sense what so ever. She plays an important role to come and Glenn dying before his time on the TV show would again make no sense since what is to come as well. Trying not to give away any spoilers. 

I just hope an actual cast member who is a favorite but not in the comics does not find himself killed off.

Valued Contributor

Glenn has always been my favorite so I was thrilled to see that he was alive. I am kind of worried about Maggie being killed though.