Respected Contributor

We FF through the back stories and the banter; otherwise, we'd fall asleep.  The show could be better if they quit with the "let's see who can outfunny the other coach" stuff. It's tiresome.

Wish they would bring Shakira back.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Voice starting February 27 without Miley

I was watching The Voice and something really annoys me. I don't think it's fair that some battle rounds are barely shown (they do this also during the blinds). By watching the rounds you get to know the contestants and their stories, this is how you form your opinions for favorites. The ones that barely get any air time are getting the shaft!

Honored Contributor

I was disappointed that Taylor from Team Adam was sent home. He sang Shameless (I forgot the name of the guy that won) with a country twang. Adam always says how he wants a country artist on his team, but he sent Taylor packing. Blake liked him and I think if he had a steal left he might have used it on him.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind that Gwen and Blake are a couple (best wishes to both), but I feel like they are playing the game as a couple, a win for Gwen will  be a win for Blake and vice-a-versa. I notice that Blake will steal a contestant that Gwen let go having had trouble choosing between the two. It's like he is giving her a life line keeping both contestants on the show.

Trusted Contributor

I began watching but couldn't stand the love-fest between Gwen and Blake. I thought by the third episode, TPTB would tell them to cool it but no go. Stopped DVR'ing.

Last season, I liked Miley better than I thought I would too. Guess it turns out that way when you have preconceived notions...

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was watching The Voice and something really annoys me. I don't think it's fair that some battle rounds are barely shown (they do this also during the blinds). By watching the rounds you get to know the contestants and their stories, this is how you form your opinions for favorites. The ones that barely get any air time are getting the shaft!

I care about their singing ability, versatility and stage presence. I don't care about the sob stories that are really shoved front and center with some of them. I consider (and vote for) talent, not who has the saddest life.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I began watching but couldn't stand the love-fest between Gwen and Blake. I thought by the third episode, TPTB would tell them to cool it but no go. Stopped DVR'ing.

Last season, I liked Miley better than I thought I would too. Guess it turns out that way when you have preconceived notions...

I don't at all mind the Adam-Blake stuff. I love Alicia, period. I get VERY, VERY tired of the Blake/Gwen Mutual Admiration Society lovefest. Gwen does zip for me as a coach or personality. I have liked Blake up to now, but the addition of Gwen to the lineup and all their co-coaching love-you-too-honey has caused me to start feeling negatively about him on the show.

Not into the current edition nearly as much as past seasons. They have dumped a couple of people I thought had more talent, and are ga-ga over people who just don't impress me at all but they all rave about. The steals have seemed weird to me this time, too (and yeah, the BlakeGwenOneTeam thing with steals - yuck).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

My favorite by far this year is Chris Blue.  He's the one that sang "Tracks Of My Tears" for his audition and was the last one to audition.  He's on Alicia's team.  I think he's great.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I passed on last season because I can't stand Miley and if she is on next season I will pass on that also.  I love Alicia but have gotten tired of the Adam/Blake banter.  I wish they would bring Shakira and Pharrel back.