Honored Contributor

The Traitors - Australian version

I previously posted about the US version with Alan Cummins.  

I recently discovered that there is an Australian one on Peacock and I just finished watching it.  It is actually so much better than the US version.  Of course, I miss Alan!

There is also a UK one, but I don't think it's as good.  Just thought I'd mention in case anyone enjoyed the first one I posted.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: The Traitors - Australian version

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I previously posted about the US version with Alan Cummins.  

I h discovered that there is an Australian one on Peacock and I just finished watching it.  It is actually so much better than the US version.  Of course, I miss Alan!

There is also a UK one, but I don't think it's as good.  Just thought I'd mention in case anyone enjoyed the first one I posted.

@AngelPuppy1   I agree that the Australian version was so much better than the US version. The Australian version used  ordinary individuals where the US used reality stars. I binge watched the Australian versions over the last 2 days. Great show. 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Season 2 of Australia Traitors is now on Peacock. I binged watched the entire season over the weekend. if you start watching and get frustrated keep watching. The ending is epic. 

And the UK version season 2 is on Peacock. 

Trusted Contributor

I love this show. I have seen both seasons of the US version, the UK version. Really liked who won those seasons. I also watched season one Australia and I am currently watching season two Australia. I hated the ending of season one Australia. Also found out that there is a new one streaming on Peacock The traitors New Zealand. I have added it to my list and will start it when I am done with the second season Australia.
Super Contributor

I have watched the US, UK, and AUS versions so far, and plan to watch the NZ version. The season 2 contestants in the AUS version were maddening, verging from complete idiots (most of them), to a full-on sociopath. I was screaming at the TV, lol! I think the UK version (season 2) was my favorite, though I did enjoy the US version. Love Alan Cumming as host, but I'd rather see non-celebrities vs a cast of thirsty reality show contestants. I will say however, that they were pretty entertaining.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Respected Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore I did my share of screaming at the TV. The faithful contestants were either stupid or somehow thought they were going to ride the coattails of the traitors to the end and have a chance at the money. 

Every time that one of the faithful said I'm voting for xyz, who was a traitor, they got to banishment and voted for the person who tried to get the main traitor out. It was maddening. 

Trusted Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore. The UK season two was awesome. I really wanted the person that won to win. not going to spoil anything but they played an excellent and I thought flawless game. Can’t wait to finish the Australian season two. I also think that Alan Cumming is the best host out of the three IMO.
Honored Contributor

@50Mickey 

Thank you!  Makes me happy to read this!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

The Australian Traitors never got a season 2 -- ratings there were quite poor.  They haven't officially cancelled it there, but no word on if they will get another season.

The US and UK have two seasons, with high ratings.  I'm so looking forward to the UK's Reunion episode.

Now, there a new season 1 of the Traitors New Zealand!  I'm going to start that one today on Peacock.  There are two episodes currently up.

Trusted Contributor

Just started season two of UK. Will move on to the Australian version after. I liked the US version, mainly to see Alan's outfit of the day. ,Smiley Happy