Respected Contributor

Re: The People v. O.J. Simpson

I'm not watching it.  I already watched it unfold in real life.  All the real people in this drama were much more interesting than any actor could portray them!  Also, now I know how it ends!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

A few days ago there was an article on YAHOO about an interview with one of the jurors.  She said she did not vote to convict OJ as payback for the police who did not go to jail in the Rodney King incident. It vote had nothing to do with the facts and evidence presented.

This is no surprise to me.

@winamac1  As I posted in answer to this the other day, then what did she base her vote on since she didn't vote on the facts and evidence as she was supposed to do?  Her response says it all!

I was agreeing.

@winamac1  My post wasn't directed to you personally, just posting my feeling about the lousy Juror. Smiley Happy  I would have liked to have asked her my question, but no doubt she would not have answered.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

A few days ago there was an article on YAHOO about an interview with one of the jurors.  She said she did not vote to convict OJ as payback for the police who did not go to jail in the Rodney King incident. It vote had nothing to do with the facts and evidence presented.

@muttmom  Jurors are supposed to bring a verdict on the facts and the evidence, so what did she base her verdict on,  right there she should have been ousted, if only it were brought out, guess she didn't say what she based her verdict on, coward that she is.  It's a shame there hadn't been a strong Judge who would not have let this trial become such a travesty of justice.

Jurors are supposed to base their votes only on the evidence presented but if you've ever sat on a jury, you know this is not always true.

I doubt the juror discussed in the Yahoo article is the only juror who stuck with a preconceived notion. A few months back there was an interview on 20/20 (?) with a male juror.  To this very day he believes OJ is innocent.  When asked about the damning evidence against him, he shrugged it off.

Marcia Clark was warned against selecting so many Afro American female jurors.  She thought they would dislike OJ because he dated and married Caucasian women, tossing aside his Afro American first wife. She thought she had a strong record supporting women in domestic violence cases and the women would support her POV.  Was she ever wrong.

@muttmom  What does a Juror base their vote on if not facts and evidence?  I have been called, but never sat.

Honored Contributor

I saw a lot of interviews with the REAL people involved in this.  I sat and watched Jeffrey Toobin be interviewed.  He said and everyone else said there are things that are wrong in this.  Everyone acknowledges this.  He said it is done in order to make this movie the way he wanted.

He said it is not meant to be an accurate portrayal.

Valued Contributor

I watched a bit of the 1st one.    I thought the reference to Kim and the other Kardashian sister at the funeral was just written in because of their popularity now.   A bit tacky in my personal opinion.

I think John Travolta is overacting a bit.   Cuba Gooding, Jr. as always is very good.   Perhaps the best portrayal is the guy playing Kato.   Spot on!   

I just think of how difficult having this on the air is for the families.   

Esteemed Contributor

I think Ron Goldman's father was so overcome with grief that he didn't know what to do or how to handle it. He just wanted OJ to pay for the death of his son.  I too became irritated with his actions but then I don't know what I would have done in the same position.

I was still living in Los Angeles at the time of the murders, working in Burbank at Warner Bros. and living in Encino.  We ate, slept and lived that tragedy.  My secretary and I were in one of the large conference rooms with about ten other people as the verdict was read and she immediately left the room looking distraught and I sat there in total disbelief, shaking my head.

Also, now that the Kardashians are speaking up we are hearing things we haven't heard before.   Looking at the reaction of the attorney's when the verdict was read it was quite clear that Robert Kardashian indeed had the look of total disbelief on his face. 

At first I questioned why after twenty one years the broadcasting companies decided to air and it dawned on me why...money, money, money.  I didn't watch the first airing and probably will check it out on Tuesday.  I don't see Cuba Gooding portraying OJ, there is very little resemblance there and for me it doesn't work, but that is just me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

I watched a bit of the 1st one.    I thought the reference to Kim and the other Kardashian sister at the funeral was just written in because of their popularity now.   A bit tacky in my personal opinion.

I think John Travolta is overacting a bit.   Cuba Gooding, Jr. as always is very good.   Perhaps the best portrayal is the guy playing Kato.   Spot on!   

I just think of how difficult having this on the air is for the families.   

I can't agree more.  John Travolta is overacting terribly.  He is not doing a good job in this role at all.  He's stiff and he's just wrong for the part.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Mr Shapiro had some peculiar mannerisms and thought they were pretty spot on by Travolta.  The mini series discusses things like there was a blood match of OJ's blood and one of the victims on the glove found on his property and frankly, I don't remember that.  I'm sure as the mini series continues there will be a lot of things that many forgot or were not aware of.  

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Mr Shapiro had some peculiar mannerisms and thought they were pretty spot on by Travolta.  The mini series discusses things like there was a blood match of OJ's blood and one of the victims on the glove found on his property and frankly, I don't remember that.  I'm sure as the mini series continues there will be a lot of things that many forgot or were not aware of.  

@truffle  On the glove, on his socks, and a lot in his Bronco.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@truffle  On the glove, on his socks, and a lot in his Bronco.

Thank you @mousiegirl!