Honored Contributor

The People's Couch (Who Watches It)

Does anyone else watch "The People's Couch" on Bravo?  I'd heard about it but had never watched it.

Earlier this morning, lying in bed, flicking through the channels I came upon it.

I thought it was laugh out loud funny.  I don't know who these different people (some are family members, some are just friends) are, but it is funny to see and hear their reactions to the TV shows most of us watch, i.e. Scandal, Empire, Muppets, Million Dollar LA and so on.

I immediately thought of all of us.  Can you imagine what it would be like if even some of us were sitting on a couch watching the same show?  The comments, the laughter?

I think the funniest thing though would be to watch some soaps together.  I know we here, can sometimes get to going on these characters and .........

I hope some of you give it a try.  It's not for everyone, but I think some of you would laugh at these people and their comments.

Honored Contributor

Re: The People's Couch (Who Watches It)

annabelle, I haven't seen this show you're referring to but you reminded me of another time similar.

Back decades ago when I worked for the phone company (a bunch of women), after eating a quick lunch, we'd go to the lounge where there was a tv.  We would watch The Edge of Night.  A group of us enjoyed it but especially when a mystery was going to be solved.  Oh, we'd be saying things like. "watch out", "look behind you, he has a gun" or we'd be taking bets on who the guilty person was in a murder case.  For those that don't know, The Edge of Night was more of a mystery soap with romance included than a lot of bed hopping like it is today.  It was so exciting to watch with my co-workers.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

people watching people watch tv......it is definitely a funny show! believe it or not this is the third season. my favorites are the family in bed (the egbers), the family on the couch snacking all the time (the zeno family), and the older ladies. it is a nice "light" bravo show that you dont have to focus on too much.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Perfectly said sunshine!  Sums it up quite nicely.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the show is laugh out loud funny. I was surprised to hear this is the third season--I had thought it was only the second. How time flies and no wonder I feel like I know the people watching! They're all so cute and funny and I really enjoy watching all of them as they joke around and have a good time. Some of their reactions are priceless. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sitting here watching the re-run of this show.  It is so funny!  

I can't help but think about what some of us would be like if we were sitting on a couch together (the way we watch these TV shows) it would be almost as funny.

The problem is we'd have to put some people who don't watch much TV because often they are the funniest.

The show comes on Bravo.  Just watch it once and let us who like it know what you think.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw your post and thought I'd forgotten to watch it until I realized it's on tonight. Just to be sure I checked the listings and, for some reason, it's on at 10:15 instead of 10:00. Check in your own area though in case it airs at 10:00 where you are. 

The People's Couch comes on after Below Deck and, for those who watch it, I think chef Ben returns in tonight's episode. This should be interesting! 

Honored Contributor

A couch potato?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up Susie.  I like Ben and am looking forward to Below Deck too.

Honored Contributor

This show is hilarious.  I also love the family on the couch snacking (last night the guy was trying to kill the fly), the family sitting in bed (mom, dad and 2 boys) and the 2 women who are best friends that have the dogs with them and they drink wine.