Esteemed Contributor

Marty and Rick still haven't uncovered the treasure although many things found in the digs tend to lead to the rumors that the treasure is very close. 

The season ended without finding the loot. 

How much longer can this dig go on and is there really a treasure to be found? 

I want them to find the treasure and put an end to the mystery. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Contributor

Re: The Oak Island Curse Series

There is still a 2 hour show coming next week..I would love to have them find something But, Will they???

Honored Contributor

The hunt will go on until they run out of money, stop talking to each other, or die. The show will go on until they lose ratings or the brothers run out of money, stop talking to each other, or die.

People have been after the treasure that may not even exist for over 200 years and it just seems to end in misery. I've been fascinated with the mystery of Oak Island for years and, frankly, the show may have finally cured me of it because of the reality show production.

I think the show makes it seem like they're closer than they really are to keep us watching every week,  but in reality, there may not even be anything to get close to, so I think it's just reality TV trickery. I think the truth is that they're no closer today than they were when they started.

I watched most of season two and then gave up on it. I check in now and again, but they always seem to be in about the same place in terms of whether or not they're close and whether or not they're considering giving up.

Valued Contributor

There is already a thread about this show.I watch it because I love how Alex loves his brother so much that he is willing to spend millions.I believe the treasure has been found ages ago, just like it happened in Egypt.With the exception of the famous grave that was better hidden.

I love the older Dan because he reminds me of my father.His son swears too much.

It is interesting when they find clues or references to what happened centuries ago.

I am going to miss the show until next season.

Respected Contributor

I think any actual treasure - if there ever was a treasue it is long gone.   There is so much folk lore and old stories surrounding this area and Mahone Bay/Bridgewater and other interesting parts of Nova Scotia.....I remember hearing creepy tales when I was a child about phantom ships and lights in the harbor - ghost ships...and other spooky stories.  Most of this area was settled in the mid 1700's...but early settlers were in Nova Scotia as far back as early 1600's (Port Royal) and maybe earlier than that....and natives were there living even before the early settlers arrived.  There is even speculation that Vikings landed in Newfoundland so if they made it to Newfoundland it's not unlikely they could have made it to Nova Scotia too - and that would have been long before the British/French/Spanish explorers and settlers found North America.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@straykatz, good on you for being so up on Nova Scotia history.  I am trying to remember if you are from here.  I live in Nova Scotia.  

There is a book called Bluenose Ghosts (Helen Creighton) that is full of ghost stories about Nova Scotia.  For those not familiar with Nova Scotia, the term 'bluenose' comes from fishermen/mariners whose noses would turn blue in the winter weather.

Oak Island is about 40 miles from me.  The Oak Island story is a well told one.  I never pay any attention to the show.  LM

Honored Contributor

Rick seemed so sad last night when he thought the digging at the money pit had come to an end.

If they do find something, I don't think they will tell us until next year, to keep us coming back.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@straykatz, good on you for being so up on Nova Scotia history.  I am trying to remember if you are from here.  I live in Nova Scotia.  

There is a book called Bluenose Ghosts (Helen Creighton) that is full of ghost stories about Nova Scotia.  For those not familiar with Nova Scotia, the term 'bluenose' comes from fishermen/mariners whose noses would turn blue in the winter weather.

Oak Island is about 40 miles from me.  The Oak Island story is a well told one.  I never pay any attention to the show.  LM

/waving Hi to a fellow Bluenoser...:-)....Yes...I'm from Nova Scotia...been in TX for almost 20 years....my grandparents were from Chester and New Ross.  My parents actually lived in Seffernsville at the time of my birth.  I love watchng the Oak Island show to see little bits of my familiar haunts.  :-)    I know all these areas well and yes...all those old stories.  

Super Contributor

I am watching this series, also. The season did not end last night. There is a two hour show next week. When they showed the preview for next week, it looked like they found some gold items. The brothers were smiling.

Esteemed Contributor

They had a live stream on Facebook where they answered some of the questions the fans sent to them.....

Marty gave a hint about next weeks show...saying they find some "metal".