Honored Contributor

That show used to be one of our favorite. We have been so disappointed in the first 2 new episodes. Probably will not watch it anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I still enjoy the show. I thought it was so sweet when Axel took Sue out for pizza.

Honored Contributor

I rarely see the new ones, just reruns. Love this show, but it took awhile for it to grow on me. The kids are what captured me.

I had a really hard time with Patricia Heaton being Frankie. She was always Debra Barone to me  (Everybody Loves Raymond is one of my all time favorite sitcoms) and the characters are so different, I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. But now I love it.

I really never understood why she and Kelsey Grammer's show "Back to You" never took off. I thought that had promise as well.

So what has happened this new season that isn't good?

Respected Contributor

I am a fan too but do find now the kids have grown up they have lost the basic flavor of the show.  Time to cancel.

Respected Contributor

I also love the show, but I do get it.........that the kids are getting too old now.  I guess that's always a problem with family sitcoms.  I especially hate to see Brick getting older (and getting a lower voice)!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

We have been fans of the show since the start.  I agree it has a different vibe now that Sue and Axel are away at school.  My husband and I thought the show this week was somewhat cruel.  It seems that the parents are "done" parenting....happy that the kids are gone but forgetting they have Brick at home....for four more years.  And Brick seemed to know that parents just didn't want to do it any more.  I thought it was sad watching Brick try to start off high school somewhat on his own...no parent cheering team behind him like Sue and Axel always had.

Trusted Contributor

The Middle has been one of my favorite shows.  I have the new episodes recorded but haven't watched them yet.  I just love the way that the family members are quirky but decent people, and the parents are trying hard to do the right thing.  They even go to church sometimes which is almost unheard of with t.v. shows.  I can identify with Frankie much of the time, and I think that the actress who plays Sue Heck is underrated.  That said, there does seem to be a time when shows get stale, and either start to repeat storylines, or they jump the shark.  Most t.v. shows go on for a season too long.  Maybe that time has come for The Middle.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I still enjoy the show. I thought it was so sweet when Axel took Sue out for pizza.

I loved that part. I liked the whole idea of Sue going off to college and everyone coping with the change. Sue is so family-oriented and I think that being away from her family is going to make for an interesting journey for her.

Honored Contributor

Sue needs to grow up a little, I used to love the show, but now everyone is lookin foolish

instead of funny.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1,

I'm glad that you had brought up the subject- The Middle- 

..."with very little of anything wholesome on tv period, that was one show   *WE* discovered later.....on, but did by accident.....did see tuesday the new season's Middle. 

I could not understand how Sue was (all of a sudden) in college? We had to have missed the 1st episode. Anyone here that can explain the fill in "TIME" we missed. I love the older re-runs, even though we had never seen any of the shows when they first came on::::as IN what year?

I definitely did notice how much older Sue, Axel were, but did not see anything OF ____Brick____??  

So, can anyone fill me in. I watch very little of anything on tv, but this show(old re-runs) fits my schedule....showing late at night. 

Thank you in advance.

NAES