Honored Contributor

The Kitten Bowl, really Hallmark?

I can't believe Hallmark is getting away with completely ripping off Animal Planet's original concept Puppy Bowl. I guess you can't copyright something like that but they have a nerve stealing it!

It's totally al copy of the Puppy Bowl but very much a low-rent version hosted by Howard Stern's wife (huh?).

That said I have the time and the kittens are adorable so I'm watching it even though I hate myself for it, LOL. But I had to mute the sound.

Looking forward to the REAL Puppy Bowl and the Kitty Halftime. This year they have added Charlie Schmidt's new Keyboard Cat (the real Keyboard Cat died years ago, before the video ever hit youtube) and some penguins. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: The Kitten Bowl, really Hallmark?

Hi Lori, I'm watching it right now. It's adorable. Anything to call attention to pet adoption is ok with me. Regis Philbin has been on and Rocco Dispiritio, too (I own his cookware).

Super Contributor

Hallmark takes ""warm and fuzzy"" to a whole new level. What's next - The Gerbil Bowl on Comedy Central? Let's stop the madness before somewhere there's a Reptile Bowl.
Regular Contributor

Aaah, yes! But the Puppy Bowl this year now has penguins as cheerleaders! Smile

Super Contributor

On 2/2/2014 knmt said:

Seriously? You're kidding about the penguins, right?
Regular Contributor

On 2/2/2014 keri said:
On 2/2/2014 knmt said:

Nope!

Regular Contributor

On 2/2/2014 knmt said:
On 2/2/2014 keri said:
On 2/2/2014 knmt said:

Nope! Not kidding, it's for real! Nothing like kittens on another network for competition!

Respected Contributor

I switched over to the Puppy Bowl. It's adorable, too. Yes, penguins. I love the commercial they had with the dogs driving the Subaru and barking at the mail truck. Too cute!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2014 smokymtngal said:

Hi Lori, I'm watching it right now. It's adorable. Anything to call attention to pet adoption is ok with me. Regis Philbin has been on and Rocco Dispiritio, too (I own his cookware).

You're absolutely right, Smokymtngal. A friend of mine who donates a great deal of time and money to a local no-kill shelter said the same thing to me and I realized I was looking at it the wrong way round. So now I'm pro Kitten Bowl even though I didn't see a single calico Smiley Wink

Keri, the Puppy Bowl already has gerbils or hamsters or whatever operating the blimp. Puppy Bowl is terrific and this one was the best ever.

Trusted Contributor

I love cats, but this Kitten bowl is 2 hrs too long, 1 hr would have done it for me. I love the white kitten, Snowball! And Maks from DWTS was seen briefly w/his dog.