Honored Contributor

Re: The I.D. Network JonBenet Shows

[ Edited ]

In spite of everything that is suspicious and seems against the Ramsy's, it is the hideous things done to JonBenet in the basement that keeps me believing that the family didn't do it, just can't believe those parents would hit her on the head, wait two hours to kill her, during which time tortured, sexually abused her, and strangled her to death with a garrote.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

Very interesting for sure. I had watched several interviews & such in the past, but nothing this detailed. At the end of 1st show (last night), leads me to Patsy! If they refused to talk with police at 1st, that is very strange. Even dealing with a death & things that have to be taken care of, you would want to help police in any way. Can't wait to watch the rest. Many cold cases are solved, with very little remaining evidence, I don't understand why people think this can't be solved. (I'm a huge fan of ID channel).

@TX-starlight  I watched last night's episode and tonight's online this morning.  I was surprised that episode 2 was already online.

Thank you for mentioning this.  I found I didn't have access to this channel, but am watching it now!  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Yes, it is-"Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation-Steve Thomas

"Perfect Murder Perfect Town"-Lawrence Schiller

Just ordered today, will give reviews when I finish. (Caution-I am a slow reader,lol..)

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight  I've read both of those books.  I'll look forward to your thoughts on them - whenever you've read them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Why wouldn't the Ramseys agree to be interviewed separately as the police wanted?  Do innocent people have something to hide?   Interesting.

Another big red flag.

Probably because they didn't trust the police. Also, lawyering up is just smart. If I was accused of a crime I didn't commit I would ask for a lawyer right away and keep my lip zipped! Your words no matter how innocent they are can come back to bite you!

Exactly!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

I understand about wanting to get a lawyer, but I can't understand why they wouldn't want to be interviewed separately. If you're innocent, I would think that would only help since both stories would pretty much match up...especially if there wasn't too much activity before they went to bed.

I saw Patsy and John on some of these shows both being in the interrogation room--being interviewed separately!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

After watching this episode on ID last night, I am totally convinced that Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note and perhaps killed JonBenet!  I believe also that the murderer was in that house, if it was not a family member, it was a visitor that was hiding out! 

The Bolder police were the "Keystone Cops", and not cooperating with the DA's office was ridiculous!  I am looking forward to tonight, to see what other surprises it brings!

@Hooty  If the murderer was a stranger or a visitor hiding out, then why did Patsy write the ransom note?  How can you believe both things?

Just curious to know why you think Patsy would be so stupid to write a ransom note knowing handwriting would be compared?  That truly  makes no sense to me.

Also, with the Ramsey's "lawyering up".  I think anyone falsely accused, being told by their attorney they were suspects, would certainly "lawyer up".  I know I"d "lawyer up" with the best lawyer I could afford if I had been falsely accused.  No sh#t sherlock...

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

In spite of everything that is suspicious and seems against the Ramsy's, it is the hideous things done to JonBenet in the basement that keeps me believing that the family didn't do it, just can't believe those parents would hit her on the head, wait two hours to kill her, during which time tortured, sexually abused her, and strangled her to death with a garrote.

I also have a problem believing John or Patsy could have killed their child in such a horrific way. Sure if your capable of murder anything is possible, but I would think it would be quick and simple. 

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I understand about wanting to get a lawyer, but I can't understand why they wouldn't want to be interviewed separately. If you're innocent, I would think that would only help since both stories would pretty much match up...especially if there wasn't too much activity before they went to bed.

I saw Patsy and John on some of these shows both being in the interrogation room--being interviewed separately!

Right.  That was a very long time after the murder they finally agreed to.  By that time they had long since gotten their stories straight, coordinated, coached and rehearsed.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

After watching this episode on ID last night, I am totally convinced that Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note and perhaps killed JonBenet!  I believe also that the murderer was in that house, if it was not a family member, it was a visitor that was hiding out! 

The Bolder police were the "Keystone Cops", and not cooperating with the DA's office was ridiculous!  I am looking forward to tonight, to see what other surprises it brings!

@Hooty  If the murderer was a stranger or a visitor hiding out, then why did Patsy write the ransom note?  How can you believe both things?

Just curious to know why you think Patsy would be so stupid to write a ransom note knowing handwriting would be compared?  That truly  makes no sense to me.

Also, with the Ramsey's "lawyering up".  I think anyone falsely accused, being told by their attorney they were suspects, would certainly "lawyer up".  I know I"d "lawyer up" with the best lawyer I could afford if I had been falsely accused.  No sh#t sherlock...

Because she was in a panic and had to deflect attention from what really happened or she and John would be the only suspects.  What was she going to do - hire someone else to write the ransom note?   That's why the handwriting changes during the note.  First page had more of an attempt to disguise it.